Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-v6-mustang-tech/)
-   -   Chirp/Whine sound coming from engine bay PLEASE HELP! (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-v6-mustang-tech/1067554-chirp-whine-sound-coming-engine-bay-please-help.html)

Jhern298 04-18-2018 03:37 PM

Chirp/Whine sound coming from engine bay PLEASE HELP!

1 Attachment(s)
Im not a big post-er on any forms of media but i have become a little desperate so any help would be greatly appreciated. So every morning when i start my car it will squeal-chirp for about 3-5 minutes until my stang is pretty warm then it goes away, the sound is loud and you can hear it over my exhaust, also it goes faster as i give it some gas and obviously slows back down at idle. The sound is from the front of the block specifically around idler pulley, power-steering pulley, and harmonic balancer (my guess). Will post video soon. Every person that has heard my car either said it was a pulley with bearings going out or that i need a new serpentine belt.

My car: 2007 Mustang V6 4.0L
Approx. 160,xxx miles
Always UTD on maintenance

What ive done so far since the problem occured:
Changed belt twice from the original Motorcraft to Gatorback to gates (Gates is on now)
Brand new Idler pulley
Brand new Belt tensioner

The chirp/squeal has not gone away! before the chirping/squeal occured my motor never sounded un-healthy. I should also note that i have not run in to any performance issues, my stang still runs as it should. has anyone ran in to this situation before?

As stated in the beginning, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Jhern298 04-18-2018 03:39 PM

How would i go about posting a video? Took video with my Note 8 but it said "mp4 format is not allowed?

MustangLife 04-18-2018 04:17 PM

My thoughts are like others have told you which is pulley with bearings going out or that you need a new serpentine belt. Only it sounds like you started there and still have issue. Not familiar with the belt used, but I would have gone back with factory as why different on this type of part. Anyway yes a video would help us I think.

I am not sure about the posting of video as I myself have issues with that when I tried to do it in the past. I always used a 3rd party photobucket (I think is what is called) or you can always use youtube for either option post the link here.

Jhern298 04-18-2018 04:45 PM

I was able to find a short clip of the noise

Link:

Jhern298 04-18-2018 04:47 PM

That video was taken prior to the new belt-tensioner and idler pulley, noise is exactly the same

Jhern298 04-18-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangLife (Post 9149010)
My thoughts are like others have told you which is pulley with bearings going out or that you need a new serpentine belt. Only it sounds like you started there and still have issue. Not familiar with the belt used, but I would have gone back with factory as why different on this type of part. Anyway yes a video would help us I think.

I am not sure about the posting of video as I myself have issues with that when I tried to do it in the past. I always used a 3rd party photobucket (I think is what is called) or you can always use youtube for either option post the link here.