Low tire pressure light - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Question Low tire pressure light

My low tire pressure light on my '08 V6 mustang came on yesterday. still on today. None of the tires look low. I stopped at a station today and checked the pressures and all are within limits..
any ideas?

"It's My Stang and I'm STICKEN to It!"
2008 Torch Red V-6 4.0L Coup'e (Lil' Red Sally, adopted 11/03/07)
See my profile and gallery for Sallys many mods if interested...

"It ain't nothin' but a bunch of low-life white trash drinkin' too much cheap alcohol..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Might wanna double check them. Sometimes they go off if its been hot, then cold all of a sudden.

-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

Try putting a little air in the tires and see if it goes off. It is possible you might have a bad sensor.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Man that stupid light is the only thing I hate about My 07GT. I am not kidding if it is off by a couple of pounds it will set it off. Make sure you have the exact tire pressure as the label on the inside driver door label. I had the same problem for a while and come to find out the dumb dealer I bought the car from was putting the wrong tire pressure in. I told the 2nd Ford dealer I had been too I had had it in like 3times for the light and they just laughed. All they had to do is reset the sensors and put the right air pressure in. I know it is a safety feature but seriously, think about it. If you have a slow leak it not a big deal unless you are dumb enough to keep driving on it and not get it fixed. If you have a major leak or any other issue that stupid thing is useless because your already stuck on the side of the road.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

One more thing I didn't see anyone mention in any of the other replies is if it is cold were you live, sometimes the light will be on till you drive it for a couple of miles, far enough for the tires to warm up. It should then go out. I would just take it to one of the nearest ford dealers if you are still having problems after the things I mentioned. If your car is new enough it should still be under warranty it won't cost you anything but a hour or two. From what they told me last time I was there, those stupid senors just have to be reset sometimes if they won't go out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page