Need to replace my manual Driver Seat Track - Corbeau, OEM, Junkyard, other? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Beechkid
  • 1 Post By baumgar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need to replace my manual Driver Seat Track - Corbeau, OEM, Junkyard, other?

My seat has been rocking forward a little for a few months, and as of a couple weeks ago wouldnt pull forward (stuck). Shop says I need to replace the seat track - any pointers on where to go? They say an OEM one they would order costs $980. But Corbeau ones (via AmericanMuscle and CJPony) are just $120 or so. Can anyone help me with any pros or cons? Is there any downside to the Corbeau ones? Or should I try to find one at a junkyard? Or somewhere/something else?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumgar View Post
My seat has been rocking forward a little for a few months, and as of a couple weeks ago wouldnt pull forward (stuck). Shop says I need to replace the seat track - any pointers on where to go? They say an OEM one they would order costs $980. But Corbeau ones (via AmericanMuscle and CJPony) are just $120 or so. Can anyone help me with any pros or cons? Is there any downside to the Corbeau ones? Or should I try to find one at a junkyard? Or somewhere/something else?

Thanks!
The corbeau ones are different from the oem seats, made specifically for the corbeau seats
i have a corbeau racing seat that i needed to get brackets for and the oem seat with the track still on it is sitting on my basement

Last edited by xavicho3; 07-28-2019 at 10:52 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ah, thanks for that info. Is there such a thing as an after market track for OEM seats? Or do I just need to start calling around junkyards?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019
BOSS Member

Recycle centers have a national website

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
kenv likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Ah, thanks for that info. Is there such a thing as an after market track for OEM seats? Or do I just need to start calling around junkyards?
Don't know what year is your car but mine is an 05 and this is similar to what i have https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pMsAA...03/s-l1600.jpg
Pretty beefier compared to the aftermarket ones, i guess mostly because of the incline/decline option of the seat controls

The aftermarket ones specially the corbeau one for my year has 4 bolts that attaches to the seat from the bottom.
https://i.imgur.com/VRk5I4a.png
The oem seat connects to the oem track in diff positions
Junkyards are your best bet but let me know what your year is maybe mine fits yours, i have no use for it

Also be careful when removing the seat, some people's bolt tend to snap (whole lot of threads on google show up for the older models)
And don't force the old bolt in if its not going in smoothly near the end or the head will break while the 80% of the bolt is still inside, don't ask me how i know LOL
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Beechkid,
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately the closest one on that site is still a bit of a hike - I will call around locally.

xavicho3,
Mine is a 2006 - but where are you located?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Beechkid,
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately the closest one on that site is still a bit of a hike - I will call around locally.

xavicho3,
Mine is a 2006 - but where are you located?
Kearny NJ, let me know if you have no luck finding one
I could ship, just take care of the shipping fees
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

I found one at a "local" (well, hour drive) junkyard. Fingers crossed that it works.
Beechkid likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page