Dreaded abs and tcs lights - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dreaded abs and tcs lights

Recently out of nowhere I encountered the abs and traction control lights. I pulled ground 101 cleaned it and tested for a good ground. Still the lights remain on. Every now and again when I first start the car in the AM and begin driving the lights go out and quickly back on a couple of times. I have only a p1000 dtc which is the obd II readiness thing I canít seem to get ride of. I saw the instructions but I donít think my scanner is built to do the Ford driving stuff (any other way to get rid of this?). Also, Iím getting a blinking tire pressure light which is supposed to mean low battery in the wheel sensor. Iím curious to know if these things are linked somehow? Other than messing with ground 101 is there anything else I can try. Btw I also pressure washed my wheels Incase that was an issue. Is this an instant fix or do you need to drive for so many miles before lights go out?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Do you have "Service Advancetrac" message by any chance? If so, see "service advancetrac" thread in the 2010-2014 section.

The normal / basic scanners only read "engine codes" not "body codes" so that is why it is not helping with this.

Sorry, I don't really know the cause of your issue; but first thought is to make sure your battery is good and fully charged, because when they get weak all kinds of weird electronic things can happen, apparently caused by the computer not being happy with the voltage signals it is receiving.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mine is a 2007 v6 I don't have a message center. All I have are the two lights and then the tcs button showing off. Which isn't really selectable. I have an sctflash. I've only used the read / delete dtc. And program ecu function. Does it possibly have a body code function?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

No I don't think the SCT can scan body codes, only engine codes . . . there are some OBD2 plug-in devices on the market that can do it, and they have apps to read the info . . . I don't remember the names right now but I think there are some threads on here somewhere with the info

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
If those items are in fact linked together, you may have a wire issue. Pull any ABS codes to figure out which ABS sensor is giving you the problem. Trace back the wires in the loom to see if there is any fraying. If not, replace the sensor.

Any bluetooth OBDII ELM adapter with a decent android app will be able to pull ABS and body codes. You can also use s a PC application called ScanProXL

4.5L Stroker Kit, SSM Custom cams, Wiseco forged pistons, ARP 2000 head studs, Mac Long Tube Headers, FRPP Oil Cooling System, 4.10 Gears, K&N Performance Filter, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, 39lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors, MAC Performance Pro Chamber, 2.25" dual straight pipes, 4" chrome tips, DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers, 4" Aluminum Driveshaft, Eleanor Hood, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Koni Sport suspension, AppRadio 4 with PC, spunkymunkymusic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page