fried cooling fan pigtail connector - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy fried cooling fan pigtail connector

My serpentine belt was squeaking so I went to my local parts store, they sold me a 4 rib belt instead of a 5 and I didn't notice.. I didn't even get 10 miles on the new belt before I realize my rpms and dipping HARD at idle and my a/c is going from cold to hot over and over, my fans usually come on when the rpms dip and they weren't and my mustang was running way hotter than it should, I get a new 5 rib belt and put it on and I still have the same problem. I checked the fuse box and the 40 amp fuse to the cooling fan was fried then I checked the pigtail connector to the cooling fan and It was burnt bad, anything else I should fix?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
common issue. you can install higher amp relays for the high and low speeds of the fan. there is a thread with pics on how to do it somewhere on this or another Mustang forum. good luck

https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...eps-helpp.html

Lots of bolt on goodies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
belt , cooling , overheat , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page