Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 V6 P0443 code

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cobrajet67 
#1 ·
Good morning everyone,

Recently bought a 2010 V6 and I'm having a few issues. Car drives fine at 2k-25k rpms, however when I get up to 3 she'll buck and lose power. I also heard a loud vacuum leak which I discovered an ecm connector tube needed replaced. Replaced the tube and the leak is still there, but much quieter. Got a P0443 code read on it, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any problems like this? Checked the plugs and wires and they're fine. I know many have had problems with the valve getting stuck open. Thinking about just replacing the purge control valve. ANy advice would be awesome, Thanks for the read.

#2 ·
If you recently purchased it, do you still have the option of taking it back to the seller to have them address the issue?
That's not an easy one to address, not having the car in front of us. Is the leak coming from the valve or the hose. If its the hose try tightening the connection. The P0443 code indicates that there is improper purge flow in the EVAP system caused by a physically malfunctioning purge valve or, a shorted or open purge valve circuit. First, I would find out how to test the valve and circuit. I would probably wind up doing what you plan to do, and replace the purge control valve.

#3 ·
25k RPMs will generally cause more than codes for a V6. ;) (I don't know any helpful answers, but imagining that engine screaming to those lofty heights had me chuckling)

Hope you get it fixed!

-oh, and welcome to AFM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.