Ford Mustang Forum banner

what's the blinking LED?

830 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dana W 
#1 ·
Troubleshooting a short that discharges battery in just a few days. I've eliminated most possibilities but what is the blinking LED under the dash, at your left knee, just above the hood latch? 2 blinks, pause, 2 blinks, pause . . . all the time. 2008 Shelby GT so this could be a Ford LED or something Shelby added. Anybody know what it is?

#2 ·
An aftermarket alarm?

#3 ·
My 2005 GT has a factory passive alarm that blinks only once every 1.5 seconds +-. My 2007 GT had a factory active alarm that blinked twice every 1.5 seconds +-. Maybe it is an aftermarket active alarm. Is the Shelby cluster different from the rest? Both mine blinked in the bottom of the cluster, not under the dash. Neither of my systems had a separate LED that could have fallen out of the cluster only to blink away hanging from its own wire.

Active is the type that can sense movement inside the cabin with no key present after a given length of time.

Funny story. Me and the wife visited her parents' graves one beautiful Mother's day. I left the windows down in my '07 because we were only about 100 feet away from the car.

Two smarty pants teen girls pretended to hassle the car by sticking their arms through the drivers window while I was looking straight at them. The alarm went off and they about peed themselves running away in a hurry! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.