Having Trouble Finding Gauge Pod - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Having Trouble Finding Gauge Pod

I ran across a gauge pod that looks factory installed a few weeks back. It mounted above the stereo I think, and looked like it was built into the console. I wasn't able to bookmark it, and I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2005 Mustang V6 -- Screaming Yellow -- Black Leather ...
Mods:
Superchips tune, K&N Air Filter, GT muffler
Royal Purple Oil - Trust Me, 20in. DLP Ninja wheels, Side Louvers, Gloss Black Straight Bar Grills, Grip Tuning Rear Spoiler Installed Soon, Custom Interior Paint In Progress Now, Armor All
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
So it mounts in the console and not on the top of the dash?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Maybe it was this one Speed of Sound.
Speed of Sound 2005+ Ford Mustang Radio Panels

2007 Redfire V6 5 speed, GT axle back muffler

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolV6 View Post
That's pretty neat but not sure I'd want to look down that far.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Roush

Roush sells one that fits into the vent outlet. It looks really classy, but really is only good if you want one gauge, otherwise they'd be all over the dash.

2005 Windveil Blue V-6, Man. Trans, GT Dual exh. and mufflers, FRPP X-pipe, JBA shorty headers, CA Spec X-Charger 3.0, XXtuning tune, throttle body coolant bypass, 180 F thermostat, Moss Mustang Oil Cooler, GT 18" Fanblades, SSI Ducktail Spoiler, CDC chin spoiler, FRPP strut tower brace, FRPP lowering springs, FRPP struts and shocks, GT front and rear sway bars, GT front brakes, GT 8.8" rearend, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Stewart Warner boost gauge in Roush vent pod. 275 rwhp, 294 rwtq.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolV6 View Post

That's not the one I saw, but that is clean looking. I can see looking down being a problem, but that would be ok with my usage. Thanks for the help guys.

Mods:
Royal Purple Oil - Trust Me, 20in. DLP Ninja wheels, Side Louvers, Gloss Black Straight Bar Grills, Grip Tuning Rear Spoiler Installed Soon, Custom Interior Paint In Progress Now, Armor All
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008
PONY Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 63Bmechanic
wasnt the one on this page was it?
Mustang CDC Products from V6MustangStuff.com
its about half way down
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Roush

Here's the Roush one.

http://store.roushperformance.com/im...ustang_400.jpg

2005 Windveil Blue V-6, Man. Trans, GT Dual exh. and mufflers, FRPP X-pipe, JBA shorty headers, CA Spec X-Charger 3.0, XXtuning tune, throttle body coolant bypass, 180 F thermostat, Moss Mustang Oil Cooler, GT 18" Fanblades, SSI Ducktail Spoiler, CDC chin spoiler, FRPP strut tower brace, FRPP lowering springs, FRPP struts and shocks, GT front and rear sway bars, GT front brakes, GT 8.8" rearend, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Stewart Warner boost gauge in Roush vent pod. 275 rwhp, 294 rwtq.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewport View Post
That's it! I was coming on here to post the link to it when I saw your post.

Moss Mustang has these for sale here:
Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

Mods:
Apprentice
S197 Member

gauges

if I get say an oil pressure gauge do they come with a snap in wiring harness for the factory wiring or do you have to get a wiring diagram an figure it out yourself? That gauge pod and A pillar pod look promising!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaV6 View Post
if I get say an oil pressure gauge do they come with a snap in wiring harness for the factory wiring or do you have to get a wiring diagram an figure it out yourself? That gauge pod and A pillar pod look promising!
When I did my boost gauge I had to figure it out with wiring diagrams and searching forums. It was scary to cut into a wire you THINK is the right one...

SHELBY GT 500 Member

the stereo set looks pretty nice if you are ready to change the sound system. in my 67 i had oil,amp,temp under the dash in the middle,and the tach on top the steering colum but then had to move them to just above my right leg after i installed a floor console and it wasnt so bad for looking down. had to watch your foot getting into the car. ya, if you were a race only car, in frt of the speedo would be best. i dont think much of on top of the dash, i like that just the way it is. i couldnt get the roush link to load( maybe cause i`m using firefox)

05 V6 auto,
Apprentice
S197 Member

I like the steering wheel column pod that holds 2 gauges over the center of the speedo and tach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page