Flowmaster Series 40 Delta Flow Muffler - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Flowmaster Series 40 Delta Flow Muffler

I finally decided to do a mod other than visual. After much reading of the forums and listening to sound clips, I purchased the Series 40 Delta Flow for my 07 Mustang. I wanted it to be just a little louder and deeper without being ricey and annoying, and I'm hoping thats what I'm going to get. I know its not the best choice for increasing HP, but I'm looking more for the sound.

It gets installed tommorow evening @ a local Car-X. I even bought a slant cut chrome exhaust tip.

I know this type of muffler isn't the most popular choice, but I would like to hear from any member that has them, Thanks.

She might not be the fastest Mustang....but she just might be the best looking.:eyepoppin

Just a few choice mods: Obviously the Stripes, Flowmaster Series 40 Delta Flow Axleback with Chrome Tip, Sequential Turn Signals, and PUTCO Chrome Tail-light Trim.

Along with the Pony Package Factory mods, it sports a Carseat for my Grandson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008
V6 Member

hmmm.........Flowmaster 40's arent my favorite...i think u should have gone with FlowMaster 44's....they are deeper and richer tone i think......did u look at those ?
i think they're better for ur money...
when i go in to get my new exhaust system ima bring in the two FM 44's and have my bud put those on instead of the stock mufflers ...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008

I thought i had a series 40 installed on mine but i dug out the box ( kept my stock muffler in there) and come to find out its a 44.. the sound clips i heard from the 40's sounded pretty good and i had it down to either that or the 44 so i had to pick from those 2 for a Christmas gift... i think at the time 44's cost more, but they had a sale on their site and it came out cheaper so i just went with it. The muffler guy who installed mine said they get a lot of requests for the super 40's on their mustangs so it must sound pretty good.. I am pretty sure you will enjoy it a load more than the stock sound!

Last edited by Beachdude08; 07-09-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: simple mistakes

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have them but I still don't have the time and money to get them installed just yet... still working on that but I hope before winter hits

:happydancer:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008
GT Member
5.0L Member

I got the flow masters "american thunder" I dont know it there the 40's but I like em alot!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008
V6 Member
S197 Member

i am getting flowmasters this weekend so i should go with 44's over 40's when they say they are 40 series does that mean 40's sorry i am confused now.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

40's are 40 series delta flow, 44's are super 44 series.

:happydancer:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Love em

Well I've had the Flowmaster for 2 weeks now and my Mustang sounds great! Its many times better than what I had expected. Its deep and throaty, not too loud in the car, but loud enough to be heard. I've had no droning problem at all. It does not sound like a six banger. It has greatly added to my driving enjoyment.

As far as performance, it seems a bit peppier. But what I've really noticed is that after a year of driving her I know what rpm I'm running at certain speeds in certain gears ( I have the manual tranny), now I seem to be going the same speeds but @ 300-400 less rpm, so I guess that translates to more mpg so thats cool.

Overall I would highly recommend this product.

She might not be the fastest Mustang....but she just might be the best looking.:eyepoppin

Just a few choice mods: Obviously the Stripes, Flowmaster Series 40 Delta Flow Axleback with Chrome Tip, Sequential Turn Signals, and PUTCO Chrome Tail-light Trim.

Along with the Pony Package Factory mods, it sports a Carseat for my Grandson.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010
Apprentice

i got flowmaster 40 deltas and they are great! loud, tough, beefy sound of a all american muscle car. they are on of the best muflers by FM

you dont drive the car, the car drives you.You take care of her, she will take care of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page