Neon underglow recommended on 2008 mustang? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I think our speakers are made in china.

2012 5.0 GT M6 Grabber Blue
300A, 3.73s, Brembo Brake package, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Mac axle back, JLT CAI, Lund cammed tune/Bama race tune, J&M LCAs, FRPP K springs, Tokico HP struts, MGW shifter, 305/18 NT555Rs

2012 Accord SE - DD
Lost loves: '97 Acura CL, '08 Mustang V6, '05 Pontiac GTO, 2011 Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

ya, my 1967 fastback didnt have even one metric bolt on the entire car. the cool thing at the time we use to do was put colored light bulbs in our license plate sockets.

05 V6 auto,
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultz9008 View Post
well i think your all stupid really, i mean its a car either way you look at it. so if someone wants to put neons on his mustang then go for it becuase your all stupid and have no ideah what your talking about. and why is it called american muscle why dont you tell me that, and how is it a peice of history or something. before you guys say something at least back up your ****. how do you know a little honda civic isnt american muscle tell me that. if you can give me a good explanation then let me know.
I though we were finally done with this thread! Owning a mustang comes with unwritten laws...you cant just break em with neon!

2008 Mustang 4.0L V6 - Candy Apple Red
Performance:
FRPP Dual Exhaust With X Pipe,K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Looks: GT Spoiler, White Racing Stripes, Sequential Taillights, GT500 Pedals & Dead Pedal, Window Tinting

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Bottom line: It's your car, do what you want to do with it. If you think underglows are cool, then cool, put them on.

Not everyone likes window scoops, most prefer louvers. I like scoops so I have scoops. If I liked underglows, i'd probably have them too.

I'm just amazed that this thread is still alive. :nogrinner

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

my friend had car toys do his and it was quite a bit for installation (like 500 for parts and labor) he did four lights and the only bad thing is no matter what kind of lights you get they'll rub on curbs if you park to close too one so he had a problem with his hanging down. other than that it's been just fine.

207.0/218.4
ModsStang

Reminder of site rules:
I strongly urge those responding to this thread to carefully phrase your posts. And re-read the site rules if you haven't already - this is not a pointed warning, this is a general warning - and there is only 1 warning.

We expect all posts to be phrased and constructed in an adult-like manner. We expect nothing less from each of you. You're productive members of society - express yourselves as such.

I expect that if there are any inappropriate posts - any one of you will hit "report post" icon located under a persons avatar for that particular post.

On that note - thank you and enjoy the thread.

Judi
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
ill be the first to apoligize then judi, sorry

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Sorry to bring this back I've been gone for a long time. Working at a tire shop neon's became a problem some times. Stupid installers would put them on the frame. Placement is key if you put them on the inside of the frame you should be ok. As well there are 7 color LED underglows around and they work just as good. I like the idea of under glow. I'm sorry but I do. It really ties together if you have lights inside too though and a body kit. Stock with underglow just looks wrong If your still interested in doing it look into it better you can find LED kits and cheep.

:happydancer:
Rookie

with the traditional neon tubes they have a chance of being cracked by a rock and all of the gas leaking out. If you are going to get underbody lights go with leds. They wont break as easy and if the tube does crack (highly unlikely because tubes are thick plastic not thin glass)they are still operational. ledgow.com you can get interior lights also which look pretty cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page