06 mustang v6 std, frozen emerg brake - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

06 mustang v6 std, frozen emerg brake

well i just read a thread from the gt guys from last december that had the same problem. this morning i get a call from my g/f at work, her e brake was froze up. last night i pulled her car in and set the brake. so i`m thinking i must have reefed on it too much. her 06, 20,000 has warrenty still so they towed her car in. tuns out the same boot issue lets water into the cables and this morning was so cold they froze. we just picked the car back up for the weekend since they had to order some then the dealer is gonna put new cables on it. i dont think it was a recall, but there is a tsb on it i think. so now i`m thinking, dang, my 05 has 50,000 on it and no warrenty. looks like i should have the same problem this winter.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
well i just read a thread from the gt guys from last december that had the same problem. this morning i get a call from my g/f at work, her e brake was froze up. last night i pulled her car in and set the brake. so i`m thinking i must have reefed on it too much. her 06, 20,000 has warrenty still so they towed her car in. tuns out the same boot issue lets water into the cables and this morning was so cold they froze. we just picked the car back up for the weekend since they had to order some then the dealer is gonna put new cables on it. i dont think it was a recall, but there is a tsb on it i think. so now i`m thinking, dang, my 05 has 50,000 on it and no warrenty. looks like i should have the same problem this winter.
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't had that happen yet in 3 winters so far. But then again, I rarely use the E brake.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
They changed the boot design so they aren't as susceptible to rot. I had mine replaced after getting stuck at work a couple of years ago.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
They changed the boot design so they aren't as susceptible to rot. I had mine replaced after getting stuck at work a couple of years ago.
What year was it changed?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

hey stlwagon, you were in that post from last year. so is this the same problem as the gt`s? same cables? even though her car is newer than mine, i might be ok. i should be able to examine the boots for rotting and thats the key? now that winter is setting in, maybe everyone should check this out. getting stranded is no fun. i still think something like the ebrake should be used often to keep it working right. not good to let alot of things sit for too long without being used.

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

E-Brake should be used to keep working free.You can also put lub(WD-40,etc.)on cables to keep free.I've had cars through the years that would freeze up.It's not only the Mustangs.Water and cold temps. don't mix well.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008

exact thing happen to me. the cables need to be switched to a new cable. after that it shouldn't happen again. i don't know why its not a recall
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

my g/f gets her cables on the 06 replaced this fri under warrenty. those rubber boots are crap. my 05 they are all cracked up. i just shot a bunch of oil into mine last weekend, but i`ll have to replace them sooner or later. thats a shame cause the cables are ok, its just the rubber boots that are shot. i guess they are around 65.00 each for the cables.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page