Ford Mustang Forum banner

should i get K&N or BBK

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  jdolney1994 
#1 ·
CAI is on my list of things to do, everyone has heard of K&N, i dont know many others, new to car mods. but a guy at JBs Power told me about BBK, i looked them up, and BBk claims consistant gains of 20 HP and K&N only like 9 or so.

just wondering if anyone has experience with either of thies, just want oppions of which one i should get, im leaning towards the BBK.

also when i looked at the dyno sheets, one was a dynojet, what exactly is a dynojet?.. is checking direct engine power or is it still at the rear wheels

#2 ·
I have a BBK, and it is pretty nice, I have been happy with it. It claims that there is no need for a retune, which is partially true. I ran with mine on the stock tune for a few months with no problems, but I didnt really feel a big difference. I just got my SCT tuner from brenspeed 4 days ago, and WOW, BIG difference!

I believe most of the CAI's on the market are relatively similar, there isn't really one that stands out above the rest, but there arent any real terrible ones either. Whichever you get, I would recommend getting it tuned to get the most out of it...

#5 ·
For me, I got custom tunes from brenspeed. You can purchase them online, you tell them what mods you have in your car, they set-up the tunes, and email them to you. You can then download these onto your tuner.

If your order with brenspeed, one custom tune is $75, or you can get three for $125...

#7 ·
I currently have a bbk. I do feel the difference from the crappy stock air box, but it gave me a check engine. It still runs fine, but I'm going to get a tune for it.

I've actually been contemplating going to bamachips and getting their xcal/cnl intake combo. I've heard many good things about it.

If you already have a tuner though I'd say go ahead and get the bbk and just buy a tune for it. You'll be happy.

#10 ·
IMHO I would get neither. I would pick up a JLT and diablo sport or SCT combo package from Doug at Bamachips. He throws in a free custom tune if you order the combo directly from him. You will feel some serious power if you do that dude trust me.

#13 ·
i would get the C&L and a bama tune. you will feel a big difference.

#14 ·
The C&L is nice eye candy but its made of metal which will collect more heat from your motor. Even so, its unconfirmed that there would be a big difference between a plastic tube or a metal one, performance-wise.

The difference is going to be in the cost. I have to put in my plug for the Tunable Inductions cai, since I run it myself. Its a fairly subtle looking piece that performs excellently. The JLT is pretty nice looking too though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.