2007 mustang flowmaster exhaust advice (not typical question) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

2007 mustang flowmaster exhaust advice (not typical question)

Hey guys, Here's my dilemna I bought this 07 mustang about 2 months ago now and the drivers side flowmaster muffler was rattling. I took it in to our mechanic and had him look at it. He said the baffles are shot on it. So we started looking into warranty on it. I actually found the original owner of the car (on AFM!!) and he bought them used off of a GT guy. There is no receipt and it's on its second car (a V6 no less) so flowmaster and my mechanics distributor have both denied any warranty. Right now I'm weighing a couple options, find a used pair of the gt flowmasters for a relatively good price (haven't had much luck yet) or go ahead and for the time being get a couple gt takeoffs and Install them since two will be less than half the cost of ordering one flowmaster replacement from flowmaster. Also has anyone seen a place that sells just replacement flowmaster mufflers instead of the kit with two? The flowmaster tech said I'd have to order a replacement through them because they don't distribute single replacements. I'm about to store the mustang for the winter so I have some time to think on this and continue to search for a good deal.

BTW: I'm not super knowledgeable about cars, but I'm really hoping to learn so if there is something i'm missing or could learn let me know! Thanks for your patience.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Race Red with White Racing Stripes, 3.55 Gears, 6 Speed, 19 in. Aluminum Wheel, and more to come...

SOLD: 2007 Mustang V6, C&L CAI, Hurst Competition Plus Short Shifter, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Sequential Taillights, 3D Carbon Blackout Panel, 3D Carbon Side Vents, 3D Carbon Louvers, Roush Hood Scoop, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, 14" Shorty Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The original owner of the car wouldn't happen to have an AFM screen name "Wally05," would he?

I recommend just getting a new set of Flows. You won't like the GT takeoffs compared to the Flows.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeppers that's him.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Race Red with White Racing Stripes, 3.55 Gears, 6 Speed, 19 in. Aluminum Wheel, and more to come...

SOLD: 2007 Mustang V6, C&L CAI, Hurst Competition Plus Short Shifter, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Sequential Taillights, 3D Carbon Blackout Panel, 3D Carbon Side Vents, 3D Carbon Louvers, Roush Hood Scoop, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, 14" Shorty Antenna

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

If you don't want to spend the money right now I'd just buy some GT take offs for the time being. But like Black05Pony said you probably won't like the sound as much.

I'd youtube some exhaust set ups right now though. Unless you really like the flows. No better time to look into a new exhaust when your current one is busted

Good luck!

2007 Tungsten Pony Package V6 Mustang: C&L Intake with SCT3 tune from bama, Custom H-pipe, Borla Stingers, BBK Shorty Headers
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam24and48 View Post
Yeppers that's him.
XD Ahahaha! I knew it!

Strange as this may sound, the muffler that is on my car right now used to be on your car! :hihi:

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I really do like the way the flowmasters sound and i love the chrome tips on the back and the way it looks. I'll start doing some research and some shopping around. That's so cool, I love the fact that it seems like AFM really is a small world. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and posting on here. So at this point I think I will get a new set of something (flowmaster, magnaflow, etc) and get rid of the used muffler ideas (i think i want a warranty).

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam24and48 View Post
I really do like the way the flowmasters sound and i love the chrome tips on the back and the way it looks. I'll start doing some research and some shopping around. That's so cool, I love the fact that it seems like AFM really is a small world. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and posting on here. So at this point I think I will get a new set of something (flowmaster, magnaflow, etc) and get rid of the used muffler ideas (i think i want a warranty).
+1, I think getting a new set would be the way to go. You get what you pay for...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to ckrebel910
how bout getting a v6 owner who only wants a single flowmaster and getting them to go halves on a GT pair of flowmasters? There's plenty of folks interested in exhausts around here.

2005 V6 Manual
K&N CAI
GT takeoff sway bars
Steeda Sport Shifter
Rear Blackout Panel
Flowmaster A/T axle-back
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008
Rookie

I actually switch from a single flowmaster to a single GT takeoff, I miss the flowmaster around town, but I like being able to go down the highway at 70 mph and being able to talk to others in the car. Also the car feels a smoother with the gts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page