V6 Upgrade parts - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

If you're looking for an 8.8 with t-lok and gears, Paulboy over at mustang collective has a sale right now. $700 plus shipping for 3.73's.

I got mine from him earlier this year.

And yah, the Powerhouse turbo setup kicks butt.

I went with the X-Charger though. A little cheaper, and easy DIY install. But a little less hp too.

Also, you can get an aluminum driveshaft from Shaftmasters for less than $500 still, I believe.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!
AEM, MSD, JBA, Zabteck, FRPP X, Dynomax bullets, Pype Bombs, J&M, Steeda, Tokico d-spec, H&R Race, Eibach, Shelby Fays2, Shaftmasters, 8.8, t-lok, 3.73, OE Wheels Cobra R 18x9/10, Nitto 555 255/285, Hawk HPS, GT/CS F/R fascia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

If you don't go for forced induction, then definately get a CAI plus a race tune from Bama or Tilman.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!
AEM, MSD, JBA, Zabteck, FRPP X, Dynomax bullets, Pype Bombs, J&M, Steeda, Tokico d-spec, H&R Race, Eibach, Shelby Fays2, Shaftmasters, 8.8, t-lok, 3.73, OE Wheels Cobra R 18x9/10, Nitto 555 255/285, Hawk HPS, GT/CS F/R fascia
Rookie
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanortiz86 View Post
I have put a K&N Typhoon cold air intake and I bought a turner. i also forgot to mention that I have an automatic transmission. I plan on changing it to a manual later. However, I've been also looking throttle body spacers, does you if a certain type is better than the other?
You want to change to a manual? That's going to be pretty expensive. To be honest, you could sell or trade your Mustang for a manual with less headache and expense.

Just my 2

PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

C&L intake, diablospuort predator tuner, magnaflow dual exhaust, gears, pulleys whatever theres tons you can do

Black 2006 GT T-2 Torsen Diff, 3.73 gears, FRPP 90MM CAI, SCT X-Cal 3 tuner/ Speed Inc. dyno tune, FRPP catbacks, Steeda Triaxe w/ Hurst stick and T handle, SVT strut mounts, FRPP strut brace, Steeda UDP, JBA long tube headers, JBA O/R H-pipe, CHE LCAs, CHE anti-squat brackets, Steeda adj. UCA, Steeda heavy duty engine mounts, FRPP AC delete, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Hotchkis swaybars, Corbeau FX1 Pro

DONE: 1968 Convertible PROJECT candy apple red 289 w/ edelbrock 4bbl 600 cfm

I think I'm getting the sct live wire. Now if I get a 70mm throttle body, can I still use a CAI? and any idea the power gains off just the performance tunes and the throttle body. I know the CAI optimistically is about ten.
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ya flow masters fo sho.... about to do the bbk CAI and new throttle body... also a quick question for anyone who wants to answer. Will rusted headers have any effect on performance? im sure its a dumb question just didn't know

2006 4.0 Mustang..... working on upgrades.... only takes money
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

There is alot of good advice going on this thread, thanks guys. I have another question. I was looking at adding the Ford Racing Handling package but is there any difference between the FRHP and the Eibach Pro System Plus? They look to be the same kits with the exception that the Eibach runs about 100 bucks cheaper or so and I found it on www.ninosport.com with free shipping? Any advice on this?
GT Member

Rust will not effect your headers performance unless it is so bad it has rusted through the entire tube. Unless your car is 20 years old or has been sitting in a massive acellerator you shouldn't have any problems. Mine are rusted like no other, I might get headers just to make it look better. A tb can be used with a cai and will only make a true difference if you have a cai which brings in more air to flow through it. Ford handling and Eibach are the same thing. All you truely need to improve handling is lowering springs, front and rear anti sway bars and a tower brace. That and new tires and you should be handling like a dream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
performance , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page