First numbers from the X-Charger Xtreme Supercharger - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Unrulyschoolboy
well i think the explorer express units look really pretty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Vlad
So when is this things scheduled to release?

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium w/ Pony Package (Windveil Blue) - Auto Tran
Performance Mods 93 Octane Performance tune, JLT CAI, GT take-off Muffler
------Future Mods (don't know the order yet)-----
T-Lok, 3.73gears, Fitch Fuel Catalyst
Apprentice

Turbos will always make more power, but they have their drawbacks. I've seriously considered the torque twister, but that's the only turbo I'd put under my hood. I just don't like the hot turbo under the hood, and I hate the way they look. I was going to go with STS but their customer service really fell off on the second phone call. It's a great system though. I would consider a twin setup, but Turbochargedpower.com hasn't finished it.

I prefer the look and sound of a roots, or twin screw sc to anything else. Plus they just look SO much better imo. Once I get my house I would like to get either a Super Six or Morano block, throw the X Xtreme on it with Zex. It should make clost to 500hp, but the V6 doesn't go much beyond that. The goal is to have the fastest X on the planet. Whether it ever happens is another story, but at least I have a plan.

2005 Mustang V6 -- Screaming Yellow -- Black Leather ...
Mods:
Superchips tune, K&N Air Filter, GT muffler
Royal Purple Oil - Trust Me, 20in. DLP Ninja wheels, Side Louvers, Gloss Black Straight Bar Grills, Grip Tuning Rear Spoiler Installed Soon, Custom Interior Paint In Progress Now, Armor All

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
youve got a long way to go casey. have fun finding a v6 block that will handle forced air and nitrous w/o installing parachutes to your pistons and gps on your rods...that is if you ever wanna see them again :hihi:

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseythehost View Post
I prefer the look and sound of a roots, or twin screw sc to anything else. Plus they just look SO much better imo. Once I get my house I would like to get either a Super Six or Morano block, throw the X Xtreme on it with Zex. It should make clost to 500hp, but the V6 doesn't go much beyond that. The goal is to have the fastest X on the planet. Whether it ever happens is another story, but at least I have a plan.
What do you mean that the V6 does not go much beyond that? Look at the numbers that some of the V6 crowd is making, 700rwhp on a 3.8L... I know that the 4.0L is a completely different type of engine than the 3.8L but it should still make plenty more power after 500 crank hp.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

id love to see a stock 3.8 thatll handle 700. the 4.0 is only dependable not much over 350hp. yea some guys are running over that but theyre luck....too many have blown up at just around 300 for me to trust em over 350. yea yea, most of it comes from bad tunes, bad gas or stupid driving, but who honestly has money to rebuild motor after motor? with a short or long block itll stil be hard to touch 700hp without blowing unless you have some other major motor upgrades and one helluva tune.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnrubber4.0 View Post
youve got a long way to go casey. have fun finding a v6 block that will handle forced air and nitrous w/o installing parachutes to your pistons and gps on your rods...that is if you ever wanna see them again :hihi:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

+1

that was great!

but yeah, sorry casey i have to agree with kade, u just cant make that kind of power with the colonge engine reliably.. it might be cool for a few weeks...but its just gonna blow up after awhile.
its a good little v6...but its no hidden monster, it deff. has its limits.

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
17"American Racing Torque II rims w/Kumho tires-Magnaflows-AEM CAI-XCal3 Bama 91 Torque- Motive 4.10 gears- FRPP T-lok- Screamin' Demon Coil- Livewires Red- Touch screen In-Dash-Hurst Short Throw-Corbeau 4-Point Harnesses and Bar-12"Kicker Comp-White Gauges-S2000 Start Button-8K HIDs-Roush Rockers-CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler-CDC Billet Grille-3D Carbon Headlight Splitters-Street Scene Rear Valance-Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler-Painted Valve Covers- CDC Pony Tri-Bar
GT Member

Whenever you do an engine build for big hp numbers you generally forge the internals, no? Look in the V6 section, there are plenty of guys making bigger power numbers.

And I do not believe that a stock 4.0L V6 block with stock internals can handle 500hp. Unless I am reading that part wrongly?

The 3.8L block has not cracked yet due to power from my knowledge. Shiner in the V6 section is near 700rwhp the last I saw. The internals are the weak part just like in any other engine and he has forged pieces.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus209 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA

+1

that was great!

but yeah, sorry casey i have to agree with kade, u just cant make that kind of power with the colonge engine reliably.. it might be cool for a few weeks...but its just gonna blow up after awhile.
its a good little v6...but its no hidden monster, it deff. has its limits.

Nope ... it's been done. It has been done reliably several times, and I've spoken with Super Six about it. They seem to think that it will be stable, and have no issues. No offense, but I'm taking their expertise on the issue.

Please note that I'm going fully built with a possible stroke to 4.3. It will not be the stock motor.

2005 Mustang V6 -- Screaming Yellow -- Black Leather ...
Mods:
Superchips tune, K&N Air Filter, GT muffler
Royal Purple Oil - Trust Me, 20in. DLP Ninja wheels, Side Louvers, Gloss Black Straight Bar Grills, Grip Tuning Rear Spoiler Installed Soon, Custom Interior Paint In Progress Now, Armor All
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i didnt cut out the chance...i just said it is way more in depth than you think. you will need the new block, forged internals, really strong head studs, better head gaskets, the stroke has to be tuned down perfectly and compression ratio needs to drop closer to 9:1 flat. also you will need the suspension to compensate for the new weight distribution, control arms, new shocks, springs, everything adjustable. also you need a new fuel pump...dual preferably, bigger injectors(comes with the x but u can do what u like.) full custom exhaust, full set of guages to monitor for red flags, and one heck of a custom tune. lots of hours on a dyno, some more doo hickeeys im sure, and somebody who is willing to install all of this. did i mention deep pockets? if youre looking for tha kind of power, might as well trade in...go with a GT. way less expensive to get to over 500hp.

Rookie

put me on the list for any form of group buy!
cash in hand!

'07 mustang 4.0 black 5 speed
11" yellow racing stripes, roush quarter window louvers/hood scoop, godspeed omega 18" wheels, mtx 10 subs w/ lightning audio amp, flowmaster dual exhaust bbk shorty headers, J&M upper and lower control arms and relocation brackets.. 3.73 motive gears with LSD
... hopefully an X-charger when the funds are available lol..
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

still waiting....stay tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page