2006 mustang gt wont idle... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2006 mustang gt wont idle...

My stang won't idle. It tries to start, but then it just bogs down. Ran fine just a few days ago. After all of my electrical problems happened it just wont run. My guess is its the PATS system that needs reset because even if i step on the gas it wont run. I tried reflashing the computer, and that didn't work.

Does anyone know how to re-program my keys? I searched google a million times, but it was only for earlier models.

First car, 2006 Mustang GT (See avatar) Bought on January 17, 2009
Mods: SCT Tuner, SLP Loudmouths, JLT CAI, Steeda sport lowering springs, BMR adjustable lower A arms, Roush hood scoop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009
GT Member

You might want to ask the question in the gt-tech section or the 2005+ talk, they get more views. Also this section is primarly V6-tech questions, hints from the name . Im not sure what electrical problems you've had, can you explain. Have you tried removing the negative cable from the battery and letting it sit for a while(30+ mins). Also, you said you reflashed the computer, is there the possiblity that the ecu code has been changed? Have you messed with the tunes at all or have you made a dealership visit? That will result in the car not starting.

Finally, to reprogram the car keys, you need two keys with the right code. You place the third key in between the two programmed keys and hold. It will accept the code. If you do not have two keys, the stealership will charge you a fortune($100+)

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well the shaker amp has been draining the battery, so it ruined it somehow, although it could have just been old (Not sure, just bought the car a month ago). After i bought a new battery it was working fine until this week. So, I left it un hooked for a night so it wouldn't drain, and when i reconnected it to start it it started up fine. I removed the fuse to the radio, not the amp after i shut it off, and when i tried to start it later that day i could only crank it a few times, and when it did start it just shut off after a few seconds.

The tuner i used was the SF3 from AM, and i reflashed my 87 economy tune, didnt work, so then i flashed it back to stock and it still didn't work.

Oops, i that was by complete accident! Obviously i meant to post in GT tech. Although this could apply to a v6 as well...but If a mod could please move it to the correct forum that would help me out a bit...

First car, 2006 Mustang GT (See avatar) Bought on January 17, 2009
Mods: SCT Tuner, SLP Loudmouths, JLT CAI, Steeda sport lowering springs, BMR adjustable lower A arms, Roush hood scoop.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
hmmm... kind of a tricky problem. could be a few things really. your tuner may not be loaded for your cars strategy correctly, your charging system may be shot (alternators are notoriously bad in our cars), also try pushing the button on your radio before you turn the key off, that way you wont have to pull your fuse every time you're afraid the shaker will drain your battery. only thing that strikes me is that your shaker shouldnt drain your battery over night. i thought that was found to be a smaller more of a longer period drain. might also try gettin a voltage reading on your battery if u get it running again. if its below 14volts then your charging system is shot somewhere.

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page