Rear Tire Width? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Rear Tire Width?

hey everyone, i've done my research on tires and i've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I'm just buying two for the rear because they are basically dead.

The size i was looking to buy would be 225/60R16. This is slightly wider than stock but I'm hoping it might help a little with traction.

Current mods to the car are Borla axleback, CAI, SCT XCAL 3, and aluminum driveshaft.

Will my car have enough power to turn these tires just fine or should i look for a stock sized tire?

thanks for the help
-Joe

2007 Mustang V6 - Auto - Borla Axleback Exhaust, Airaid CAI, SCT XCAL 3, Shaftmaster's Aluminum Driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvelli View Post
hey everyone, i've done my research on tires and i've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I'm just buying two for the rear because they are basically dead.

The size i was looking to buy would be 225/60R16. This is slightly wider than stock but I'm hoping it might help a little with traction.

Current mods to the car are Borla axleback, CAI, SCT XCAL 3, and aluminum driveshaft.

Will my car have enough power to turn these tires just fine or should i look for a stock sized tire?

thanks for the help
-Joe
i put a set of the stock bfg spec tires on when i first got it. i went stock on the frt and 235/60-16 on the rear. they are a tad wider and a tad taller, but i really like them.

05 V6 auto,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvelli View Post

thanks for the help
-Joe
Dood, your car will not even notice the change. My 4.0 is "turning" 275/45/18's just fine, in fact she can turn em till they r burnnin.

2005 Torch red, predator 93 octane, K&N filter, Pypes true duals, Eibach Pro-kit springs,4.10 posi 8.8 rear end. GT fanblades with Eagle F1's, GT500 rear bumper/spoiler/front splitter

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

ya, the 225 you wont even notice its wider, and the 235 barely shows too. it sucks that there are no cool tire sizes for 16", thats what i ran into. so next time around, i`m going 17"

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page