2007 V6 Mustang-Loss of bottom-end power - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009 Thread Starter

2007 V6 Mustang-Loss of bottom-end power

Hi,
When I first got my 2007 v6 mustang, I could just tap the gas pedal and the car would jump. After I installed dual exhaust, the car hesitates when I give it gas. I recently installed a cold air tuner kit which is a cold air return and a modification to the computer. The result was was just a slight increase in bottom end power but nowhere near what I originally had. I was thinking about installing the same rear as the GT to see if it would give me an increase of speed off the line.
I don't know what else to do. I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this problem. Thanks for listening.

Mike2007

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member

They have rear gears for the v6, get some 4.10's. that would help your bottom end problems.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009
PONY Member

You should have actually picked up some bottom end torque with exhaust, CAI and a tune. Check all exhaust connections, and intake connections, you might have an air leak.

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

i thought going dual exhaust you sacrifice a little low end torque because of less back pressure for a little more hp higher up.

2007 Mustang V6 - Auto - Borla Axleback Exhaust, Airaid CAI, SCT XCAL 3, Shaftmaster's Aluminum Driveshaft.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvelli View Post
i thought going dual exhaust you sacrifice a little low end torque because of less back pressure for a little more hp higher up.
i never noticed any losses from any of those things, but i threw some more spark into it with a demon coil and wires for my for my 2nd mod after duals

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009 Thread Starter

Hesitation 2007 v6 mustang

I just want to say thank you for all of those who replied for my request for help.
I new I was going to lose power at the bottem-end but I didn't think it would be that much. Anyway I can live with it for now but the one thing I can't, is the hesitation that occurs when I stump on the gas. If anyone can help with the hesitation I'd appreciate it. Thanks again

Mike2007
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

everything is controlled by the computer. to get rid of the hesitation, your gonna need a tuner and tune. i would suggest getting with chris rose at tillman speed, going with a jlt cai,sctx3 tuner/ 3 custom tune package. about 5-525.00. its a very good combo and great price. it will give you choice of octanes, and get the most performance and h.p. out of your car that you can get( outside of a dyno tune)it will make you smile when you hammer it. :shiny: ( the demon coil and livewires made it more responsive too)

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page