Official 2005+ Mustang Dual Exhaust Question Thread - Page 16 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Hey, guys, my previous mufflers on my 2005 V6 got rotten and fell apart, which ones should I buy as a replacement, considering that they would fit a v6 rear bumper with an addiational whole cut in it?

05 V6 Deluxe Convertible. Roush CAI, BBK 70mm throttle body, Roush racing seats, Eibach sway bars, H&R springs, Dynomax exhaust pipes, Pacesetter GT mufflers, Lakewood 39100 strut tower brace, Pioneer AVIC-U310BT stereo w/navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpl View Post
Hey, guys, my previous mufflers on my 2005 V6 got rotten and fell apart, which ones should I buy as a replacement, considering that they would fit a v6 rear bumper with an addiational whole cut in it?

Dual MACs aren't a bad choice.

2006 Aerodynamics Prior Design Racing 4.0 S197
*APDR Conversion (Body & Engine Bay)* -FR Transmission Swap- *Auburrn Gear HP Series LSD* -FR 4.10 Gears- *Cervini Type IV RAS* -Bama X4/SF4- *FR One Piece Driveshaft* -FR Ceramic Headers- *Custom MPC 12C "Hidden" Concept Exhaust* -
Z26 Brake Kit- *Steeda & SR Adjustable Control Arms* -HID CCFL Headlights/Gen 5 LED Tailights- ETC
Rookie

How about Flowtech 50253FLT ?

05 V6 Deluxe Convertible. Roush CAI, BBK 70mm throttle body, Roush racing seats, Eibach sway bars, H&R springs, Dynomax exhaust pipes, Pacesetter GT mufflers, Lakewood 39100 strut tower brace, Pioneer AVIC-U310BT stereo w/navigation

Rookie

Picking up my 2007 v6 tomorrow. Really miss my 2000 4.6! Found these for sale and just wondering what else I would need to hook em up? Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-20-23-04-55_1458536923417.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	507065  
Rookie

Anybody? I can't even find a picture online to see what a factory single exhaust looks like or what it's supposed to look like with this setup.
Rookie

If it is still a single exhaust you're going to need an X or H pipe, driver side over axle pipe and exhaust hangers
WarPony40 likes this.
Rookie

Thanks!

Last edited by smashboxmark; 03-26-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Rookie

These exhaust systems are based on people that are keeping their catalytic converters on their V6...
I have to replace my cats so I am wondering....can I just run the GT H-pipe exhaust system from my exhaust manifolds and then go right back ???

Are the GT h-pipe with cats a direct bolt on for the V6 or are they wider for the V8??

This would be the easiest way for me to go if I am replacing the cats as well...

Thanks, Greg.
Apprentice

The gt and v6 have the same diameter piping for the exhaust to my knowledge. I ordered gt exhaust and perfect fit for my v6

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Rookie

I went with the Walker/Dynomax 39434 x-pipe, midpipes, and two M/T GT mufflers for my 2008 V-6.

If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't. Other than it was too expensive (mostly because of the stainless band clamps and a set of four proprietary muffler brackets), it's also obnoxiously loud and has significant drone. I ended up insulating the trunk and under the rear seats, and now it's more or less tolerable inside but still obnoxious and not neighbor-friendly outside. The A/T GT mufflers are probably a better choice, for the same reason Ford put them on the automatic GTs.

The other problem is a really bad vibration at idle, in gear with the A/C on. I've tried everything I could think of, including checking every exhaust component for clearance/rubbing, and replacing both motor mounts. No change.

Anyone with a V-6 and duals experience this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it?
Apprentice

I have a 2009 v6 mustang I did a lot of research and I wanted a throaty exhaust system with no drone so I went with the mid x pipes pypes true dual exhaust system I also got the exhaust brackets over all it didn't cost much and the turn out was great on a cold start sounds good and it's kinda quite but as you hit higher rpms your exhaust starts to get loud just not annoying. Here is a clip of what mine sounds like.https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59fe9d5f...104135_403.mp4

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventador97 View Post
What is the throatiest dual exhaust one can buy?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mid x pipes with roush axle backs.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels47 View Post
I have a turbo in my 2007 with an aftermarket single exhaust, question is will the turbo affect the sound of a dual exhaust if installed?
I wonder the same thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page