Official 2005+ Mustang Dual Exhaust Question Thread - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools

Thanks guys! im getting that much closer now to getting duals on my 08 v6.. after some thinking, i may hold off on the SLPs cuz i dont want any tickets or be that dude peope hate cuz its so crazy loud haha. so ive decided i may go with catback Macs...

i found a kit at the Mac website but i'll need an H pipe (friends tell me h pipe sounds better, and that x pipe might have a more raspy popping sound)

but the problem is i cant find an h pipe anywhere to buy! i could call up the shop and ask them to make a custom h pipe but im afraid it'll cost alot and that the pipe may not be so durable such as stainless.. which may lead me forced to get an x pipe.. but some people have custom mid pipes right and havent had any problems? does any1 know any trustworthy sites that sell h pipes?

this is the 1 i was taking a look at. its the 4th one down.. Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles

other then that i think i'd be pretty much set

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

i have an x-pipe and it sounds good no popping sound, a buddy of mine has gt take off mufflers and i have mid pipe m-80s, the difference is crazy!!!! mine are really loud but not enough to get pulled over. ill try to get some pics of my set up. the exhaust kit cost 600 plus 150 for the install and i have to say well worth it.:yelpleased:

07 tungsten grey V6, pypes dual mid muffler exhaust and 18in polished aluminum bullitt wheels, much more to come!
Rookie

has anyone put headers, cut the CATS out, and ran a H or X pipe on their v6?

My veins flow with nos and my brain is a gas tank.

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

anyone has a cutout template for the 2010 valance? I wanna do this myself If possible save some dough and have some fun working on my stang..

2010 gt premium
Steeda strut tower brace
C&l n CR/AM Tune coming soon
Bassani's muffs
MGW shifter
18'' bullitt style wheels
selling '10 v6 stock wheels and Gt mufflers
Rookie

yo i got a new magnaflow tru-x pipe 2.5" for 2005-2009 mustang v6 that i dont need anymore $340 shipped lmk https://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-cl...t/13375/cat/91
Rookie

can anyone tell me wethere these will fit a v6 and if they are good or not thanks:smilie Summit Racing SUM-642025 - Summit Racing® Balance Tube Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I've got the taste of an eccentric millionaire, but the money of a common beggar....

08 silver v6 with:
-vinyl blackout pannel
-standard stripe with "mustang" on the side
-roush window louvers
-dual exhaust with flowmaster 40's
maby racing stripes in future
post #52 of 238 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

no, dont buy that. get a real h pipe, or have the shop fab you one up

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Rookie

Alright thanks, was just looking for something a little cheaper than 400 like the shops are asking

I've got the taste of an eccentric millionaire, but the money of a common beggar....

08 silver v6 with:
-vinyl blackout pannel
-roush window louvers
post #54 of 238 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

it should only cost about 250 MAX with a custom mid pipe, but youd have to supply the mufflers

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Rookie

Yeah see they are saying 400 without mufflers and then with flowmaster 40 series they say it will be in the high 500's low 600's... and thats at about 5 shops that I have looked at

08 silver v6 with:
-vinyl blackout pannel
-roush window louvers

I found a shop with plenty of experience and real good referrals in Deer Park, TX that has offered to cut the "Y" off my son's 2008 V6, add a stainless pipe to the drivers side, make an "H" pipe connection and install our choice of mufflers (within a certain price range) and tips, including the cut out of the bumper valance for the driver's side dual exit for $450 total.
The mufflers he mentioned are Magnaflows, Flowmaster 40s, Cherry Bombs, and he also added that he has plenty of stock mufflers from GTs available (he said the Shelby mufflers are essentially the same as the GT mufflers).
We're planning on going with the Flowmaster 40s. I did find 2 statements from Flowmaster's website that I would like comments back on:
1> The 50 series (moderate to mild) incorporates an internal tuning chamber that helps reduce interior sound level in the cab area of your vehicle, and provides a slightly milder exterior tone than the 40 series. The 40 series (aggressive) will generally resonate or “drone” inside the vehicle, around 1800-2000 rpm and again, around 2400-2600 rpm. The performance characteristics of the 40 and 50 series are the same, so it’s simply “a sound decision”.
2> Flowmaster does not recommend replacing factory single inlet exhaust systems with a "true dual" system on computer controlled vehicles. The computers in most late model vehicles may not be able to compensate with the fuel needed when increasing the exhaust flow, and may void your factory warranty and emission compliance. Flowmaster’s dual outlet kits will give you the look of a "true dual" system, while optimizing the vehicles performance.
Thoughts?
Apprentice

FYI everyone, I've been looking for a good side exhaust that won't cost as much as Cervini's for my 4.0. Finally, Shelby here in Vegas is selling the Terlingua side exhaust for S197's. It just went on sale on its own in mid December. It is a good raspy, sporty sounding exhaust, and it is something you just don't see on our cars.

2005 Mustang V6 -- Screaming Yellow -- Black Leather ...
Mods:
Superchips tune, K&N Air Filter, GT muffler
Royal Purple Oil - Trust Me, 20in. DLP Ninja wheels, Side Louvers, Gloss Black Straight Bar Grills, Grip Tuning Rear Spoiler Installed Soon, Custom Interior Paint In Progress Now, Armor All
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to CharlottePony4
Question Re: Shelby GT mufflers

:?:
Sorry if this is an easy one...are the stock mufflers installed on the Shelby GT500s the same as those from the GTs? I didn't think they were, but I wanted to know. I have a chance to pick up a set cheap off an 09 GT500 but didn't want to waste the money if they're the same.

Thanks.

NOW: 2009 Vista Blue V6 AT Cpe w/Pony package: Glass roof, Pony Package, JLT CAI w/SCT SF3 tuner, Screamin Demon coil, Livewires, FRPP V6 Exhaust package

BEFORE
: 1968 Royal Maroon Cpe, 1971 Bright Blue Metallic Grande 302, 1989 Midnight Blue GT, 1999 Black 35th Anniv Edition Cpe, 2005 Silver Satin V6 Cpe
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

<<<GT take offs

these are by far the cheapest way to go, with a price tag of 80 bucks from new take off, or for less if you buy from ebay or craigslist, they are 150 bucks cheaper than the next alternative. thes coupled with an H or X pipe sound pretty good, somewhat deep, but also very quiet. they are usually for people who do not want an over the top loud exhaust system, but still want a nice growl.>>>

Thanks for the write up SilverBullet...I am looking for a dual exhaust for my V6 and have been rattling my brain. I want something with a growl, but not too loud...I drive highway and don't want alot of drone. I think the GT Takeoffs are just right.

May sound like dumb question, but I want to confirm my inference. The GT Takeoffs are just that...they are the exhaust pipes/mufflers from a GT, correct?

I have seen some on craigslist and was wondering if they will work on my V6. I think they will fit my budget and I will have a custom pipe made by a muffler shop...for today, that is my thinking.

Thanks for the write up!

:kooky:

2005 V6 Mustang
K&N CAI, GT Upgrade package, Red leather interior, 17" chrome bullitt wheels, , Roush Hood Scoop,
Pirelli tires, Sequential Tails, V-tech Painted Quarter Louvers
post #60 of 238 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

gt takeoffs are just used GT mufflers. you can buy a pair for cheap, then take it to a muffler shop, have them make a midpipe for you for probably about 150-200 and they will hang your mufflers too.

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page