Official 2005+ Mustang Dual Exhaust Question Thread - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I ended up getting the pypes kit from AM and I've had a few problems with it.

First was that I cut the y pipes too short, (thought the pipes lined up together rather than inserted into one another), but I got that fixed by welding on a bit more pipe. The instructions could use a few more pictures.

Another problem is that my passenger side muffler is touching the bumper and I can't figure out any way to get it to drop down a little. I've loosened all the pipes adjusted them around but its always touching.

The third problem is the drone around 2000 rpm, it's so damn loud! I don't know if it's just be my muffler and bumper touching but I think it's starting to bother my hearing. Any way to fix this drone? It sounds great at all other rpm's and I've had someone else drive it and you can't hear that drone from the outside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Bassani True Dual Exhaust, Bassani Power X-Pipe Crossover, and JBA Shorty Headers!

Yes it's fast. No you can't drive it.
PONY Member
S197 Member

You can buy stainless steel shorties on ebay for about $130. In fact I just bought some about a month ago. I haven't installed them yet, but I will.

Rookie
V6 Member

Posted this below and then saw this thread lol. :
I got a 07 v6 pony package a few months ago and have a list of mods to do to it over the next couple years. I already did a couple little aesthetics by putting on a shorty antena, adding a billet grill around the pony grill and add some welt to add an interior trim. My first "real" mod is going to be switching to dual pipes next summer. I read that people like the gt take offs so I was going to try to get a used pair off ebay or craigslist and get my local shop to cut my Y pipe, fabricate me another mid pipe, cut my bumper and put on the gt take offs. I ran into a kid in a local parking lot that had the shop convert his to duals ( I stopped him to ask) for I think he said 400-500 including new exhaust parts. I asked him what kind of pipe they used H or X and he said he didn't know, I'm thinking they just cut the pipe on there like I want to do.

Now I just found a pair of 2010 gt takeoffs from a dealership off a car with supposedly less then 50 miles for under 50 bucks, and they are local to me so I can pick them up. My only concern is the 2010's might have changed and not fit the 05-09's..... So long story short does any one know if they will fit? Will I have to replace both mid pipes?

Oh I was totally not into cars since I was about 17 until I got this mustang just for a fun daily driver, started lurking these forums and americanmuscle etc... plus my boss is a mustang freak (just got a new 5.0 GT his 6th mustang) and keeps feeding me these magazines..... it's addictive. I'm trying to learn as I go along here
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Another muffler that sounds good is the thrush welded, i used it on mine it sounds pretty good, very different then the other brands that have been mentioned, they do require aftermarket tips tho

Current Mustang: Tungsten Grey 2007 V6 pony package maunal.
Go: GT take-off muffler, CAI, strut tower brace
Show: Yellow Brake calipers, limo tint, smoked out tail lights 3rd brake light front signal lights and rear marker lights, chrome shift knob

Past Mustang(dads car) : 1986 GT 5.0 Red manual
Go: 91 motor, stage 1 HCI upgrade edelbrock exhaust
Show: Rear Window Louvers, limo tint
Rookie

Just installed FRPP Duals

Cost was a little over $600 from CJPonyParts - the kit came with the Bullitt mufflers. I had access to a lift, so it was fairly easy to install. Ford calls for removing the passenger side converter to install the x-pipe, but we were able to install w/o removing the converter by cutting the passenger side pipe about 1/2 inch shorter than the driver side.

Getting the Rear Fascia Trim bolts installed was a real pain, due to very little clearance behind the bumper cover to get the nuts on the bolts.

Took about 3 hours to install. The only issue was the driver side rear muffler hanger rubbing against the bumper mount - I will trim off a quarter inch or so from the hanger with a Dremel for clearance.

The big chrome muffler tips look great, and it sounds much better than the factory single exhaust, especially at WOT; the car seems to pull stronger above 3000 RPM, will do a few runs with the G-tech in a couple of days to see if there is any real improvement.

Mark

2012 GT Premium, black, 6 speed, loaded, scary fast (or so I'm told by passengers
Mods:
Clutch pedal extender, WeatherTech floor liners, more on order....the journey has just started
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Vladimir1011
I'm looking at doing stock headers to a custom midpipe to Pypes Violators pypes exhaust for mustang gt 05-09
with an NTO valence.

Any thoughts on this set up? It'll be a true duals conversion, most likely x-pipe. anything i should watch out for?

2010 Ford Mustang V6 with BBK CAI, Quarter Window Louvers, Dual Overhead Racing Stripes, 2011 5.0 NTO dual conversion.
Rookie

I would say get some flowmaster pipes. I had my v6 converted to pipes on both sides and it sound great. Not too quiet, not too loud...just right
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Rookie

Okay, okay- I know this thread is popular but we newbies need the info! But does anyone have a good, loud and power increasing exhaust set-up for CALIFORNIA (the state of suppression!)? Everything out here is illegal for emissions so what in God's name can we do to modify our little V-6's to get more power and nastier sound (besides move to Texas, thank you very much....)????

"If your wheels are off, answer to your God, but me I'll be up and gone.... I'll be up and long gone!" Little Bit of Sympathy 1971 Robin Trower
Rookie

Double Exhaust Upgrade.

Hey, guys,

I've got a 2005 v6, and I would like to convert my single exhaust to double. Here's what I have so far:

X pipe: Walker exhaust Dynomax X pipe # 53420

Intermediate pipes: Walker exhaust #55247 & 55248

Mufflers: PaceSetter 86-2924 TFX

Do I need to purchase two catalytic converters as well?

05 V6 Deluxe Convertible. Roush CAI, BBK 70mm throttle body, Roush racing seats, Eibach sway bars, H&R springs, Dynomax exhaust pipes, Pacesetter GT mufflers, Lakewood 39100 strut tower brace, Pioneer AVIC-U310BT stereo w/navigation
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpl View Post
Hey, guys,

I've got a 2005 v6, and I would like to convert my single exhaust to double. Here's what I have so far:

X pipe: Walker exhaust Dynomax X pipe # 53420

Intermediate pipes: Walker exhaust #55247 & 55248

Mufflers: PaceSetter 86-2924 TFX

Do I need to purchase two catalytic converters as well?
nope your stock ones are fine, you are goin to cut the y pipe out and install the x in its spot.

all you will need is exhaust clamps and the drivers side hangars, a thread tap for the drivers side hangars (holes are there not threaded).

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I love this thread!:iloveyou It has helped me learn so much and is helping me with my research!

Thanks guys!!

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."
PONY Member
2.3L Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i bought a set of gt take off mufflers. i need an x or h pipe. which should i get? can i get a gt take off pipe?

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.0 5 Speed: Daily Driver

1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 Speed: Winter Beater

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2.3 to 5.0 5 Speed Swap: SOLD
Rookie

you will need the left side GT pipe You will like the sound I have the same set up with the dynomax xpipe

2007 Mustang v6 Pony package Windviel Blue 5 speed. Steeda springs, GT front and rear sway bars. GT exhaust. Dynomax xpipe. sct tune . Gt air box top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page