Official 2005+ Mustang Dual Exhaust Question Thread - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Vista_Stang
Sorry if this has been answered but I am on break at work trying to figure this out so I can start ordering parts on my new stang. Ok on my last one I went to ford and got pipes and everything for a GT when I got the dual exhaust installed. I didn't like that too much, now on this one I want to buy the kooks long tube headers for the v6 and the SLP loudmouths. I am really wondering what else I should get with it for the best sound? Please keep it under a grand if you can but let me know my options I just don't know if I want to spend over 2k on just my exhaust sound unless it will give me a pretty good power increase.

2007 Vista Blue V6 Mustang (Finally got my new pony 02/05/2011)

2005 Windveil Blue Mustang V6 R.I.P Purchased 2/13/09 totaled 01/30/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

well long tubes and loudmouths are gonna run you about 800 dollars. then you will want a shorty x pipe, and to i would go with a catted shorty x pipe, but thats gonna run you another 450 dollars. then install of the longtubes and exhaust is gonna be another couple hundred. so you are easily looking at 1500+ for a setup that may or may not sound good.

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Not sure if this has been asked but are the FRPP Stingers and the Borla Stingers the same exact muffler?

Engine: RGR 326ci shortblock - RGR Stage 2 Heads - RGR Custom Grind Cams - Cobra Jet Intake Manifold - Ford Racing Monoblade Throttle Body - JLT Cobra Jet CAI
Front Suspension: BMR K-Member - BMR A-Arms - BMR A-Arm Support Bar - BMR Radiator Support - Ford Racing Boss 302R Steering Rack
Rear Suspension: BMR Adjustable Lower Control Arms
Exhaust: Kooks 1 7/8ths Long Tubes - Kooks Green Cats H-Pipe, Kooks Boss Side Pipes, JPC Racing over axle pipes - Ford Racing SVT Sport Mufflers

Rookie

What pipes for borla"s?
H?
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have just added myself the headers and x pipe... I wish I would have read the post a few weeks ago. I added the headers, I had to make some "adjustments" to the headers because the bottom bracket blocked the dip stick. And then on the aftermarket headers has three holes rather than the stock one that uses two. The x pipe went on like a champ. The problem was when I tried to use the stock GT midpipes... they where the same size... so in long run, I paid a shop to weld the mid pipe to the x pipe. Sounds great and looks even better. If I could do it all over again... I would just buy the dual conversion kit from Pypes and just have a shop to put it on. That's the "cheapest" way to go.
Apprentice

Garage
So to get a custom shop to make convert my single to a dual with an H if i provide the mufflers it will be around $250? more or less?:?:
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I was looking at the FRPP setup for our cars because it has the trim pieces to finish off where you have to cut out the bumper. It seems tho that this is not so popular here because of what it actually is and the cost involved with it. Doesn't it look kind of rough just dremmeling out the valance and sticking the tailpipes out? I'm looking into this mod but now I'm conflicted

reclaiming America ..... one import at a time
Apprentice

Checkout the Borla's for the 2011+ V6....Sound awesome!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mystang View Post
Borla in my opinion is IMO the best sounding mufflers you can get. Ford Racing sound pretty darn good too, they even have a kit that has the Borla Stinger mufflers
Agree with you there.....For the V8 crowd, the 2011 Mustang ATAK and Sport have been our single biggest sellers.

We just got V6 systems in stock ....More info below.
2011 Mustang V6 Borla ATAK Exhaust
2011 Mustang V6 Borla Sport Exhaust

Anyone local in Atlanta that wants a great deal, shoot me a PM..Will hook you up with an awesome price in exchange for sound clips and video footage to share with everyone...

Jim
[email protected]
Rookie

magnaflow sounds SWEET! i put a magnaflow catback system on mine
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have a '06 V6 with GT take-offs. Came with them already. Only thing I found kind of odd/interesting is the mid-pipe. Not sure if anyone else has seen or heard of this, but mine still has the Y-pipe, about two foot of straight pipe, and then back to another y-pipe. Plan on getting that replaced definitely. Also gonna replace the headers. Don't know about replacing the mufflers yet cause I want a good, loud sound, but I do like the sound of the take-offs. Just gonna wait and try them out with the new headers and mid-pipe before I decide.

Also was curious if anyone has had any dealings with the pace-setter long tubes and the difficulty of installing long-tubes over shorties. Thanks for any info

Last edited by excursion_187; 03-13-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I've listened to a lot of youtube clips on exhaust sound and I think the borlas sound the best on the 4.0 - was looking at ordering the 140176 kit does anyone else have this? What is your take on it?

reclaiming America ..... one import at a time
Rookie

mustang 2010 v6

hey guys how is it goin .. i was planning on installng a borla 11751 exhaust ((single)

and i was wondering if it actually fits on my car witch is a mustang 2010 v6

thankss
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpl View Post
Hey, guys,

I've got a 2005 v6, and I would like to convert my single exhaust to double. Here's what I have so far:

X pipe: Walker exhaust Dynomax X pipe # 53420

Intermediate pipes: Walker exhaust #55247 & 55248

Mufflers: PaceSetter 86-2924 TFX

Do I need to purchase two catalytic converters as well?
Seems awesome! Do you have a video clip? I want to hear your system before I buy a kit.

"Shadow"
2006 Mustang V6 4.0 Liter 5 Speed Automatic
3D Carbon Lip Kit & Hood Scoop
C&L Cold Air Intake w/ DiabloSport Tuner
V6 Pony Package Grill & Mustang Vinyl Side Stripes
LED Conversion / Halos&HIDs..Go Green..ish!
17" Bullitt Wheels
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2320021/2006-ford-mustang
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm going dual with my birthday money and this is the setup i'm thinking of going with:

Flowmaster AT (I have a single now and it looks and sounds great)

H-Pipe (but i keep flip flopping between X and H. I know X gives more horse but from what I've heard and read it's more traditional Muscle sound where X is louder and more Ricer sound)

Anyway the shop where i'm going is manufacturing and installing for about $300 and the muffler is about $270 so i should pay around $570... Oh and i hope they will cut that bumper for me...

2015 Deep Impact Blue GT
2008 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang- SOLD

The Legend Lives

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have the FRPP setup on my 6-er. Here's a couple clips I made:

GTB vs GTA:
YouTube - Mustang GTB vs GTA Muffler Comparison (V6 Mustang)

GT Takeoff:
YouTube - 2008 4.0 V6 Mustang Single GT Takeoff Muffler

2008 Mustang 4.0L V6 - Candy Apple Red
Performance:
FRPP Dual Exhaust With X Pipe,K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Looks: GT Spoiler, White Racing Stripes, Sequential Taillights, GT500 Pedals & Dead Pedal, Window Tinting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page