2005 Mustang V6 basic upgraded to MyColor gauge cluster writeup with pics - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 208 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangFire View Post
Received my cluster yesterday. I do have to take it in and have the build data flashed, abs and brake lights are on. No big deal. The cluster looks great and the information is very helpful.

How do you get the cluster not to beep when you are in reverse? It's pretty funny when you back up the first time but this will get annoying, I can tell.
its been a while for me, but i dont recall the beep with mine. did you get the flash done? is the beep gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobton5 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on hard it would to replace just the glass (plastic) lens on the gauges? Not real sure on how the previous owner managed to crack it, other than pushing on the odometer reset to hard :?: :?: :?: It is cracked from one gauge to the other. Thanks, Bob
it should be pretty easy to replace the lens. actually when you buy the mycolor, its reconditioned from the factory. comes with a new lens, steppers ect. not sure if you can buy just a new lens, or get a junk yard cluster for parts. check your local dealer.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Hi! I've installed the new cluster on my stang, but I have a problem.. Traction Control sytem will not turn off!! If I push the tcs button, doesn't happen nothing! The tcs doesn't turn off, and the light about tcs off doesn't turn on... Does Anyone have my problem? What can I do??

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
its been a while for me, but i dont recall the beep with mine. did you get the flash done? is the beep gone?

it should be pretty easy to replace the lens. actually when you buy the mycolor, its reconditioned from the factory. comes with a new lens, steppers ect. not sure if you can buy just a new lens, or get a junk yard cluster for parts. check your local dealer.

I am really wantin to upgrade to my color could please help me out

post #124 of 208 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virge View Post
Hi! I've installed the new cluster on my stang, but I have a problem.. Traction Control sytem will not turn off!! If I push the tcs button, doesn't happen nothing! The tcs doesn't turn off, and the light about tcs off doesn't turn on... Does Anyone have my problem? What can I do??
if you got the cluster from fords or ed the parts guy, you can take it to a ford dealer and they can flash your build data into your cluster. i had to do that with mine cause i had a abs light and service brakes on the cluster that wouldnt go off( i dont have abs on my car) it cost me maybe $40- $50 to have that done. took about 10 minutes at the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt67 View Post
I am really wantin to upgrade to my color could please help me out
the first install posts in this thread cover the entire thing. as far as used or ebay clusters, i cant help.

05 V6 auto,
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

does the $300 core still apply? just asking because i was on there recently and i only saw the core cost next to the GT cluster not the 4.0. If it still does apply that sucks because it's hard coming up with $300 even if i will get it back eventually.

2015 Deep Impact Blue GT
2008 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang- SOLD

The Legend Lives

post #126 of 208 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaK1216 View Post
does the $300 core still apply? just asking because i was on there recently and i only saw the core cost next to the GT cluster not the 4.0. If it still does apply that sucks because it's hard coming up with $300 even if i will get it back eventually.
maybe its changed now, but i wouldnt think so. thats why you need a credit card......they were pretty fast about getting it back as soon as they get the cluster.

05 V6 auto,
Apprentice

what was the difference between your first cluster and the new one you ordered? lol

Good write up though

2006 mustang V6 pony package : Diablo tuner, BBk TB, AEM CAI, shaft masters 4'' Driveshaft, 8.8'' trac lok rearend, 3.55 gears, Screaming demon w/ livewires, MAC ceramic coated shorties, pypes x pipe, magnaflow dual catback exhaust
+many appereance mods
post #128 of 208 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dual View Post
what was the difference between your first cluster and the new one you ordered? lol

Good write up though
thanks. i had no intention of this thread getting so carried away from my original idea of just telling how i got mycolor in my basic V6 as i`m by no means a expert on clusters. ive tried to do some research and help through all these pages. some people have clusters that crap out, thats a good time to upgrade. there was nothing wrong with my oem, i just wanted the upgrade. but anyway, i started with the basic 4 gauge with trip meter, and the mycolor, besides the colors, ( which i set on blue and havent changed) has the info center which is very cool, i use it every day, and the extra 2 gauges are cool too. its not cheap i know, but not totally ridiculous compared to other mods.

05 V6 auto,
Rookie

Just wanted to post thanks for the instruction! I bought a used one of ebay with almost the same miles and it worked perfectly. Easy mod to do.
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to We're Wolf
for the clusters are the sensors and stuff in our car already? doesn't the new cluster have voltage and oil pressure or temp or something?
oh would we just not have those working ones?

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction
post #131 of 208 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by We're Wolf View Post
for the clusters are the sensors and stuff in our car already? doesn't the new cluster have voltage and oil pressure or temp or something?
oh would we just not have those working ones?
when you plug in the cluster, everything will work. its all wired into the harness already.the cluster might have more features than you car has, like me not having abs, and you need to get those turned off at the dealer with a "build data" flash

05 V6 auto,
GT Member

Man this threads like the undead, you pound a stake in it and it comes back. Should've been left a sticky.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
maybe its changed now, but i wouldnt think so. thats why you need a credit card......they were pretty fast about getting it back as soon as they get the cluster.
No dice! Still the same core charge. I also checked with some local dealers around here to see how much they will charge for the as built data flash, seeing as i don't have ABS, and well its around $200 so this mod is WAY out of my price range becuase it would cost $670 shipped plus add the core charge (i know i'll get it refunded). Anyway maybe if ever the cluster drops like a few hundred i may do it.

2015 Deep Impact Blue GT
2008 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang- SOLD

The Legend Lives

Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to We're Wolf
where can you get them now? i went to the website and its not there anymore lol

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction
post #135 of 208 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars View Post
Man this threads like the undead, you pound a stake in it and it comes back. Should've been left a sticky.
it still is a sticky, but our friendly moderator hid it in his sticky post under essential something or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaK1216 View Post
No dice! Still the same core charge. I also checked with some local dealers around here to see how much they will charge for the as built data flash, seeing as i don't have ABS, and well its around $200 so this mod is WAY out of my price range becuase it would cost $670 shipped plus add the core charge (i know i'll get it refunded). Anyway maybe if ever the cluster drops like a few hundred i may do it.
who ever you talked to at your dealer is either stoned, or just didnt know what they are talking about. the build data flash charge is a 1/2 hour job at the dealer. so at $90 a hour, its $45 for the flash. thats about what i had to pay for the abs lights, and it took them about 5 minutes to do.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page