Swap 2010 Mustang Dashboard into a 2007 V6? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Swap 2010 Mustang Dashboard into a 2007 V6?

Ok, crazy idea

assuming i could get my hands on all the factory new parts I needed, would it be possible to swap in a 2010 dashboard into a 07 v6?

the potential problems I see...
  1. it just won't fit right.
  2. the guage cluster can't be reprogrammed to work on an older car
  3. none of the wirirng harnes points match up
Any one have any technical data that could give me the insight I need?

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009
PONY Member

should i seen a full 04 cobra swap into a 89 that included the dash seats and EVERYTHING except the exterior

'04 Screaming Yellow Cobra, may you rest in piece fine soul

'02 Mineral Gray V6-
GO
- Magnaflow catback, CAI, SCT X3, 65mm BBK TB, T-Loc, 3.73
SHOW -Smoked Head lights, Smoked tail lights, "MUSTANG" 3rd break light, 20% Tint
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I don't think it will bolt up to it, it would be a TON of work to get it done. Lots of wiring, fabricating and expensive. Pretty much out of reach i'd say, not to be pessimistic

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009
Apprentice

It's probably doable, but I'm betting it would be awfully expensive. If you're going for an improved look I'd say just get a dash kit or some general interior mods and call it good

2009 GT/CS Vista Blue automatic | MAC Boomtubes |Steeda CAI and Brenspeed tune | Tons of exterior mods |

Plans: 3.73s and Kooks Headers, then Saleen blower
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

i think you could prolly trade in your car for a 2010 for the same cost it would take to do the dash swap

2007 ford mustang v6 premium package, 15" tsns sub, Steeda Cold air intake, Sct Tuner, Pypes x with dual straight pipes, and roush exhaust tips. Roush front facias, Roush chin spoiler, Roush rear facias, Roush sideskirts, Roush window luvers, Roush Spoiler, Roush Track-Pack 18x10 rims front and back, 5% window tint, Steeda lowering springs, and Gt front grill and fog lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page