Sct sf3 tuner slower?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sct sf3 tuner slower??

Guys, Question .. My mods are listed below. Before the 18 Inch rims a had the Stock 16 Inch wheels and tires.... now that i have my 18's i dont feel like i have as much " get up and go " up in the 70's or 80's I have some pep but what happend to all of it ?

will a custom tune help this (for the wheel size)?

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Automatic. 18x8" ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN FRONT, 18x9 ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN BACK, K&N CAI/FIPK, Window Louvers, 10% TINT, SCT SF3 FLASH TUNER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009
PONY Member
5.0L Member

-Bigger wheels-more weight-more drag= Slower car

1995 Mustang Cobra SVT
Mods to date: Systemax upper and lower, GT40x heads, e303 cam, Cold air, 40 lb injectors, pro-m mass air, aeromotive fp regulator, lca, canton 7 quart, tremec heavy duty, pro 5.0 shifter, Lakewood alum. driveshaft, Subframe conn., 3.73's, Pypes violators, o/r H, BBK long tubes, No a/c or smog

1994 Mustang GT 5.0
Mods to date: Lots of mods, but useless while im stationed in hawaii
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by First5.0 View Post
-Bigger wheels-more weight-more drag= Slower car
+1 you want nice wheels, you pay the price. that's why i didn't go bigger than 17's

207.0/218.4

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to kgoody
I recently purchased the SF3 for my 06 Pony Package V6 and there are a few things I'd like to point out if you are thinking of going in that direction...

First and foremost - holy s*** - This thing really works! It was like waking my Mustang up from hibernation, haha

Second - I run 17" stock pony package wheels with Perelli PZero Neros in the summer and 16" American Sports with Bridgestone Blizzaks in the winter. I made the switch this week to my winter rims/tires because of how cold it is getting up here in upstate NY and I haven't noticed a difference at all between the 2. You have the ability to adjust your tune for the size tire you are running which compensates for most of the drag you would feel by going to a bigger size. This should help you out significantly in this regard...

Keep us all posted on how you make out and if you decide to go with the SCT SF3.

White 2006 Mustang 4.0L V6 w/ Pony Package
- Cervini's Concept Hood (2-tone) w/ Functional Ram Air Kit | BBK Cold Air Intake | Screamin' Demon Coil w/ LiveWires | SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 91 Performance Tune | Mach II Shifter | GT-style Grille w/ 6" Fog Lights | Performance White Exterior | Gloss Black Spoiler and Blackout Panel | Black Leather Interior | Carbon Fiber Dash

Next: Black Front Turn Signals | Clear Bumper Markers | Anyone have any input on my next performance mod?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoody View Post
I recently purchased the SF3 for my 06 Pony Package V6 and there are a few things I'd like to point out if you are thinking of going in that direction...

First and foremost - holy s*** - This thing really works! It was like waking my Mustang up from hibernation, haha

Second - I run 17" stock pony package wheels with Perelli PZero Neros in the summer and 16" American Sports with Bridgestone Blizzaks in the winter. I made the switch this week to my winter rims/tires because of how cold it is getting up here in upstate NY and I haven't noticed a difference at all between the 2. You have the ability to adjust your tune for the size tire you are running which compensates for most of the drag you would feel by going to a bigger size. This should help you out significantly in this regard...

Keep us all posted on how you make out and if you decide to go with the SCT SF3.
How does adjusting the tune for tire size "compensate for most of the drag you would feel by going to a bigger size"?? Your adjusting revs/mile to correct the speedo should the diameter of the tires be different.

Xcharger with water/meth injection, JBA headers
JBA duals with an H pipe, Roush springs, Che K member brace with torque limiters, Cervini's quarter window deletes, Canton polished tanks, Moroso fuse and master cyl covers, Cervini's cowl hood, custom GT500 chin spoiler, PJ rear louvers, Black rear spoiler, BSM custom stripes, Hurst shifter, Billet interior trim, custom door welts, Autometer dash pod, AEM wideband, Autometer boost & Fuel pressure gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page