NewTakeOff Frony bumper? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

NewTakeOff Frony bumper?

I want to put this
2005-2009 Mustang GT Front Appearance Package

on my 08 V6 will the fog lights function or come with a wiring harness?

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Automatic. 18x8" ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN FRONT, 18x9 ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN BACK, K&N CAI/FIPK, Window Louvers, 10% TINT, SCT SF3 FLASH TUNER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlack801 View Post
I want to put this
2005-2009 Mustang GT Front Appearance Package

on my 08 V6 will the fog lights function or come with a wiring harness?
Best to check with the site-I would guess no.

If you have the Pony Package you should be o.k., if not you'd need the factory switch and harness to replace the plain headlight switch

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

fog lights wont work. you need to either buy a wiring harness from ford for like 150 bucks, or you can make your own for like 15

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I just have needed to replace my bumper for a while a figure why not get this one for appearence sake... i like the fogs they can function at a later date lol

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Automatic. 18x8" ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN FRONT, 18x9 ENKEI LS-5 BLACK WHEELS IN BACK, K&N CAI/FIPK, Window Louvers, 10% TINT, SCT SF3 FLASH TUNER.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

my guess is you'd have to tear it all apart again to install the wiring harness. I'd go the DIY route myself and get them hooked up asap.

you may have a harness already (small chance I'm told) but you'll need some kind of switch. you might be able to get both a harness and switch from a junked gt. if not I know the factory switch can be purchased.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to kgoody
I agree with DJ on this one - there are plenty of totaled V6 Pony Package Mustangs and GTs out there that you could swipe the wiring harness and interior headlight/foglight switch from for a much lower cost than buying it factory direct or even from a vendor like AM. Definitely check around with the local garages and salvage yards and see if you can pick something up.

White 2006 Mustang 4.0L V6 w/ Pony Package
- Cervini's Concept Hood (2-tone) w/ Functional Ram Air Kit | BBK Cold Air Intake | Screamin' Demon Coil w/ LiveWires | SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 91 Performance Tune | Mach II Shifter | GT-style Grille w/ 6" Fog Lights | Performance White Exterior | Gloss Black Spoiler and Blackout Panel | Black Leather Interior | Carbon Fiber Dash

Next: Black Front Turn Signals | Clear Bumper Markers | Anyone have any input on my next performance mod?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page