Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Unless I am missing something here,

Wouldn't bolting a supercharger onto a 2005-2009 v6 kind of be the same thing as buying the new 2011 v6 mustang, if not better?

Gas mileage isn't even changed I don't think.

Not sure why current v6 owners are bummed and talking of trading in for the new ones.

Just my opinion, but I prefer the look of the 05-09 over the 2010+ anyway. Throwing a supercharger on would give you the same car, with a better appearance.

Again, not sure if I am missing something here, but I am not understanding all the fuss.

You have to remember, that 309HP for the V6 is at the engine not to the floor. Ruffly take away 33% and that will be about right with the new V6. At this point... I would love to have the idea of a 300+V6. but after paying for my car and taking car of it... I'm not trading it in... just going to keep it, love it, and supercharge the hell out of it. After all, not too many people are trying to get rid of their 1969 Mustangs.. its a classic... and these 2005-2009 will always be a classic too, because it was the first and start of the retro design to be re-introduce back to the public. Now the 2010s and up are getting too modern in their looks. If technology keep going like it is... don't be surpise in 2020 the V6 has 500HP options. Hey if V8 mustangs in the past where producting about 250HP... then why not for V6? Everyone is looking to save money on gas and the new comers are looking a 4 cyl in V6s as options. Mustang/ Ford has a history of trying to keep the attention of the youth... if they didn't, Mustangs would never been invented... So, thanks DAD and Grandpa...LOL.

WarPony40 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg314 View Post
You have to remember, that 309HP for the V6 is at the engine not to the floor. Ruffly take away 33% and that will be about right with the new V6. At this point... I would love to have the idea of a 300+V6. but after paying for my car and taking car of it... I'm not trading it in... just going to keep it, love it, and supercharge the hell out of it. After all, not too many people are trying to get rid of their 1969 Mustangs.. its a classic... and these 2005-2009 will always be a classic too, because it was the first and start of the retro design to be re-introduce back to the public. Now the 2010s and up are getting too modern in their looks. If technology keep going like it is... don't be surpise in 2020 the V6 has 500HP options. Hey if V8 mustangs in the past where producting about 250HP... then why not for V6? Everyone is looking to save money on gas and the new comers are looking a 4 cyl in V6s as options. Mustang/ Ford has a history of trying to keep the attention of the youth... if they didn't, Mustangs would never been invented... So, thanks DAD and Grandpa...LOL.
Well said. I have a 2009 4.0 v6 mustang and i am only keeping because of the retro look i am currently modding it with as much bolt ons i could do.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4452 View Post
A Novi supercharger basically turns a V6 into a V8 with 2 less injectors and spark plugs. They're massive enough to account for the room of two cylinders! It's all fine-and-dandy under low boost, but the 4.0's are EXTREMELY well known for cracked pistons and/or blown gaskets from most systems producing as little as 6 PSI. Adding insult to injury, quite literally, you have to use premium gas with most forced induction systems, even low-boost ones!
Well actually the 4.0 has a more reliable engine then 2011+ mustangs as far as cracked pistons under boost pressure not true i know plenty of people running sc and turbo kits on a 4.0 v6 stang with 7 to 10 psi boost it has been confirmed that a 4.0 can run at 12 psi boost and be safe at max.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in