what is this mach II shifter i hear so much abt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

what is this mach II shifter i hear so much abt

mach II shifter; i hear abt it, just how good is it, what does it look like, will it fit 2010 v6 and whats the cost?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

The Mach II shifter is a replacement shifter for S197 mustangs with an automatic transmission. It was created by a member of AFM and is sold by him. It is designed to make the shifter appear like as a manual. I'll look up the guys name and give you a link.

2007 V6 Coupe Premium

Pony package, Sport Appearance Package, Pypes shorty headers, Stack Racing Sequential Taillights, Pypes X pipe, mid pipes, and Flowmaster AT's, JLT Intake, Brenspeed 93 Oct Tune, Brenspeed windshield banner, Pypes Hi-Flow cats, J&M LCAs, "Boss" hood stripes, Ford Racing Oil Gauge & Voltmeter, SOS A-pillar pods, Steeda Strut tower brace, Steeda TB spacer. Shh..Reggie's a dirty word.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

blk281gt makes them.

Cant find the link now...just PM him and he can tell you more

2007 V6 Coupe Premium

Pony package, Sport Appearance Package, Pypes shorty headers, Stack Racing Sequential Taillights, Pypes X pipe, mid pipes, and Flowmaster AT's, JLT Intake, Brenspeed 93 Oct Tune, Brenspeed windshield banner, Pypes Hi-Flow cats, J&M LCAs, "Boss" hood stripes, Ford Racing Oil Gauge & Voltmeter, SOS A-pillar pods, Steeda Strut tower brace, Steeda TB spacer. Shh..Reggie's a dirty word.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
Apprentice

I love mine but can't say if it will work on the 2010.

Here's the link to one of the threads.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...hift-knob.html

Select vehicle type: X_ Mustang __ Other __ None
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Just sent you a pm

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

if it does work for the 2010, i would advise picking one up, they rock!

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

hey guys is there any other companies that are making shifters for the 05-09 mustangs. that will work on my 05 besides the street fighter shifter? thanks

2005 Colorado red v6 mustang with steeda cai, steeda 91 octane tune, dual exhaust, street scene 1/4 window louvers, boss 429 style hood scoop, gt rear swaybar, pypes shorty headers,ford racing t-lock.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010
Apprentice

Sorry Iceman, the Mach II and the TCI are the only choices on the market. I'm just glad blk281gt made his available. I really don't need a ratchet shifter that will have no use without a lot of transmission work to make it actually shift when you change gears.

Select vehicle type: X_ Mustang __ Other __ None
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StangGuy09
It does shift when you want it to...............as long as you time it 200 RPMs prior. haha!

The TCI is a nice one, so is the Mach II.
Just depends on how much you want to spend. The TCI is more and has the ratchet, but the Mach II is pretty cool in it's own right. Now, someday when I just find 350 to throw around, I will probably get another TCI cause I did like the control it gave me and the lack of slippage.
But with enough practice, you don't slip with the stocker either.

But as of right now, you either stay stock, bling out the stock one, Mach II it up, get a TCI, or do a manual swap.

1989 Mustang GT
SHOW: NOTHING
GO: BBK CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

might have to bling out my stock shifter then. cause the mach II shifter won;t work on my 05' cause it has the wrong screw on the wrong side of the shifter.

2005 Colorado red v6 mustang with steeda cai, steeda 91 octane tune, dual exhaust, street scene 1/4 window louvers, boss 429 style hood scoop, gt rear swaybar, pypes shorty headers,ford racing t-lock.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to kgoody
After installing my Mach II in my '06, it got me thinking about the '05s that have the phillips head screw on the drivers side of the stock shifter arm rather than the torx screw on the passengers side. Would it be possible for our '05 friends with the phillips head setup to drill another hole in the fixture for the Mach II to accommodate their shifters? Is there something else that would need to be relocated that I am missing?

White 2006 Mustang 4.0L V6 w/ Pony Package
- Cervini's Concept Hood (2-tone) w/ Functional Ram Air Kit | BBK Cold Air Intake | Screamin' Demon Coil w/ LiveWires | SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 91 Performance Tune | Mach II Shifter | GT-style Grille w/ 6" Fog Lights | Performance White Exterior | Gloss Black Spoiler and Blackout Panel | Black Leather Interior | Carbon Fiber Dash

Next: Black Front Turn Signals | Clear Bumper Markers | Anyone have any input on my next performance mod?
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoody View Post
After installing my Mach II in my '06, it got me thinking about the '05s that have the phillips head screw on the drivers side of the stock shifter arm rather than the torx screw on the passengers side. Would it be possible for our '05 friends with the phillips head setup to drill another hole in the fixture for the Mach II to accommodate their shifters? Is there something else that would need to be relocated that I am missing?
Totally different shifter assembly, the screw is just a way to inentify it.
There is just a metal post that sticks up....no plastic arm at all. Actually much easier to develop than the current ones. Just have not had the time to finish yet.

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to kgoody
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk281gt View Post
Totally different shifter assembly, the screw is just a way to inentify it.
There is just a metal post that sticks up....no plastic arm at all. Actually much easier to develop than the current ones. Just have not had the time to finish yet.

Ahhh, gotcha!

White 2006 Mustang 4.0L V6 w/ Pony Package
- Cervini's Concept Hood (2-tone) w/ Functional Ram Air Kit | BBK Cold Air Intake | Screamin' Demon Coil w/ LiveWires | SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 91 Performance Tune | Mach II Shifter | GT-style Grille w/ 6" Fog Lights | Performance White Exterior | Gloss Black Spoiler and Blackout Panel | Black Leather Interior | Carbon Fiber Dash

Next: Black Front Turn Signals | Clear Bumper Markers | Anyone have any input on my next performance mod?
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Here is the link : Complete Pony Services | Tel +1 586 285 1997 | 44783 Morley Drive | Clinton Twp, MI 48036 USA

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
Apprentice

Any long term durability issues??? I am considering purchasing one.

Dougs 91 Race Tune with CAI/ Pypes Violators/ FRPP 3.73 Gears/Roush UDPs/ '70 Style Mach1 Treatment/Synthetic Fluids/Best run: 13.33 at 104 MPH on stock tires (87 degrees/moderate humidity) before UDPs, new 93 tune and more practice. Hoping for 12.9 now.
Other Hot Rod-- Matching Numbers Arctic White 1971 Buick GSX 455 with 62,000 original miles.
2004 Silverado DD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page