Wrecked it last Thursday... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

When this happened last Thursday, I must have said, "F**K!" about 30 times or more. The CHP got there and the first thing he did was ask for my license and then wanted to know if there was a fight. He seemed kinda tense like that. He said someone called it in saying there was a fight. There was no fight. I didn't even talk to the people I hit at all. Didn't even ask them if they were ok. I feel kinda bad about it now because they did ask me if I was ok. I couldn't help but look at my smashed up Mustang. I was having that - Who cares about you attitude.

Hey MachV6, it does not have ABS. The CHP told me it's supposed to by CA state law. He looked at the 40ft skid marks and told me my ABS failed. I told him it didn't have that. That's when he told me the state law. Now I'm thinking: Huh?

Seatbelt? Ya that will always be working. It worked good this time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

yeah i hear you bout the F***, im pretty sure i said about every word in the book! My dad was pretty upset with my potty mouth

CDC Quarter Window Louvers.~CDC Mirror Covers.
18x8 Chrome Boss 338 Wheels Wrapped In Goodyear F1's.
White 10" Vinyl Racing Stripes.
AM Bolt-On Hood Struts.
Stack Racing Plug-in Sequential Taillights.
Stack Racing Push Button Ignition~AM LCA's.~BBK CAI.
Painted To Match Calipers&Rocker Panels.~20% Side/15% Back Tint.

..Mess With The Best...Die Like The Rest..
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That was the only word I could seem to get out after the first 5 minutes. I had to really work at it to calm myself enough to talk on the cell phone to get a flatbed. Even then, I think they might have heard it a couple times.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

haha yeah its understandable. Hope she heals well!

CDC Quarter Window Louvers.~CDC Mirror Covers.
18x8 Chrome Boss 338 Wheels Wrapped In Goodyear F1's.
White 10" Vinyl Racing Stripes.
AM Bolt-On Hood Struts.
Stack Racing Plug-in Sequential Taillights.
Stack Racing Push Button Ignition~AM LCA's.~BBK CAI.
Painted To Match Calipers&Rocker Panels.~20% Side/15% Back Tint.

..Mess With The Best...Die Like The Rest..
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
One thing I certainly hate about ABS is if you're braking and you hit a bump/pot hole large enough to activate it, you slide a bit more than without it. Kinda scary, especially in the snow or the rain!

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I never liked ABS for any reason. I just think it's too complicated and makes cars that much more difficult to work in the long run. I removed it from my '94GT and I couldn't be happier. It was broken anyway.

It also sets up a false sense of security. If I started to depend on it and it failed right when I need it most, I'll just get what I got last Thursday anyway.

Then again, I've never even driven a vehicle with a working ABS (at least not that I can recall or are aware of), so I don't even know what I'm missing.

I kinda like it like that.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thats ok, I was driving on a rainy day and my tires were completely bald. I went into a curve lost traction, and then the TCS system kicked in and spun my car into a guard rail.... The good news is that got my Street Scene Gen 1 bodykit put on a new 3'' Vis carbon fiber cowl hood, and my car fixed. Clean Title still . I guess thats why insurance is high on a 17 year old with a 2006 mustang.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm hoping to get a really cool hood out of this. I'm thinking GT-R with a black stripe as wide as the grill.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

im gonna sand my hood down and get it painted. right now it has ghost flames made out of window tint under the clear coat. im gonna get the boss stripes that go down your hood and fenders, theyre awsome
GT Member

I wonder if the ins company will just pay you for what the repairs might have cost and let you figure the rest out so you can do what you want yourself.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm not sure if having a lienholder will have anything to do with it or not. I've heard of people doing that. I've never been through this sort of thing before. Right now, I'm just waiting to be contacted by this insurance estimater person so I can ask her about all that.
Ya, so far that's all I know is it's a "her".
I'm wondering how much that might have to do with anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page