shaker system options? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

shaker system options?

I can think of 3 pony package mustangs, 05-09 models, i've seen that have shaker 1000 system. My 06 pony package only has the shaker 500. Anyone else have a pony package they bought with shaker 1000? Was it an option at purchase? Do they come stock option with the 500

Tungsten 2006 MUSTANG V6 Auto
Pony Package
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conv
Future Mods In Progress
Ford Racing CAI SCT 91 Octane Tune
Mach II Shifter
Lemans Stripes 12" black Flat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010
Apprentice

pony package comes stock with the shaker 500, the shaker 1000 was a $1200 add on or somewhere around that price.

the guy i bought mine from drove it off the line at the flat rock plant (where they are made) and he had the roush side louvers and the cal special side vents put on from factory.

with 46kmiles n those mods from factory all for $10k i cant complain =D

2006 vista blue pony package v6. shaker 1000, roush louvers, rousch hood scoop, cal special side vents, saleen rear louvers, gt500 strut tower brace, cdc chin spoiler,custom painted gt bumper, gt h pipe and mid pipes and ford racing stingers.

future mods - possible sct tuner and JLT Cold air intake and t loc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhamp60 View Post
I can think of 3 pony package mustangs, 05-09 models, i've seen that have shaker 1000 system. My 06 pony package only has the shaker 500. Anyone else have a pony package they bought with shaker 1000? Was it an option at purchase? Do they come stock option with the 500

My 05 (obviously not a pony) has the Shaker 1000. When I purchased it new, it was a $1595 option.

I've heard both. The Shaker 500 sounds amazing for an OEM audio system. The 500 has (2) 250w amps for each door sub. The 1000 has that PLUS 2 more amps for the subs in the trunk.

I like the 'thump' of the Shaker 1000, but if I had to do it over again for $1600, I'd pass.

I would rather make it work than make it popular..

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

The 500 is great, although I haven't found a good fix for the door rattle issue. (beside the side of my knee)

Anyone solve that issue yet?

2013 DIB V6 Premium, Sport Appearance PKG, Tape Stripe Delete, 3.31 ratio, Boss 302 Shift Knob, Airaid CAI, Borla S-Type Mufflers.

Traded in: 2007 Mustang 4.0L V6. C&L intake, C&L 93 tune, Flowmaster American Thunder axel-back, Sequential Tail Lights, Billet grill with Tri-Bar Pony logo. Low on power, miss it anyways.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmordan View Post
The 500 is great, although I haven't found a good fix for the door rattle issue. (beside the side of my knee)

Anyone solve that issue yet?
Mine doesn't rattle. If you have a rattle, I would assume you have something loose, something bouncing around between the speaker grill and the front of the sub, or a bad sub.

Have you checked any of these?

I would rather make it work than make it popular..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010
Apprentice

the rattle is probably coming from the plastic right behind the door handle. like inside of that notch where the handle is. u can push it and it moves. thts what was my issue =P

2006 vista blue pony package v6. shaker 1000, roush louvers, rousch hood scoop, cal special side vents, saleen rear louvers, gt500 strut tower brace, cdc chin spoiler,custom painted gt bumper, gt h pipe and mid pipes and ford racing stingers.

future mods - possible sct tuner and JLT Cold air intake and t loc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page