2010 mustang v6 engine swap to 2011 mustang v6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Any Suggestions? 2010 mustang v6 engine swap to 2011 mustang v6

i want to swap a 2010 v6 to the new 2011 mustang v6 but i cant find the engine code anywhere, could i do the swap safely and would i need a new transmission aswell?

tank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member

Why swap to a motor with less HP?

Xcharger with water/meth injection, JBA headers
JBA duals with an H pipe, Roush springs, Che K member brace with torque limiters, Cervini's quarter window deletes, Canton polished tanks, Moroso fuse and master cyl covers, Cervini's cowl hood, custom GT500 chin spoiler, PJ rear louvers, Black rear spoiler, BSM custom stripes, Hurst shifter, Billet interior trim, custom door welts, Autometer dash pod, AEM wideband, Autometer boost & Fuel pressure gauges.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
Rookie

So, if I understand correctly, you want to put a 2011 V6 in a 2010...unless you just happen to have the engine lying around free, I can't see how this would be practical. Buying the engine and whatever else would be necessary to convert it would probably cost as much as the hit you would take trading the 2010 on a new 2011. Plus, with the engine swap you just flushed your warranty down the drain.

The new engines are mated to 6 speed transmissions. Are you dealing with a manual or auto? I would say the swap you are describing with an automatic would be very problematic at best. With a manual, it might work. Not sure if the bell housings match or not.

Can you explain what you hope to gain with this swap, and tell people a little more about what car you are working with?

2011 Performance White GT Premium
Charcoal/cashmere
MT82/3.55's
Everything but the kitchen sink...and glass roof
Only waiting since June, so no complaints YET

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
Apprentice

I'm 100% sure Ford doesn't sell Duratecs as crate motors, and 99% sure there isn't one laying around in a junkyard from a wrecked 2011 yet.

Windveil Blue 2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package
Pypes Dual Exhaust
JLT CAI
SCT SF3, running 87 performance Bama Tune
Ford Racing 7.5" LSD
Motive 4.10 gears
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I agree OP would be better off trading the 10 for the 11! as it would probably end up more expensive in the short run to replace the engine, transmission, rear end, wiring harnesses, speedometer... the list goes on

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

welcome to the forums. i would say trade the car

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page