2010 Mustang - Gear noise?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question 2010 Mustang - Gear noise??

Ok, first of all...call me crazy! But I am new to Mustangs. I just bought my first 2010 v6 manual. Last night though, I noticed some noise coming from the front center console, almost like from behind the radio. (Engine, I guess) Anyway, it sounds more like exhaust noise, like what I expect to hear coming from the rear of my car...not in my cab. Acceleration, clutching, shifting, etc. I don't notice whining, grinding or anything else.

I'm an experienced manual driver, but have never noticed this in my other cars. (VW Jetta, Honda Civic)

Is this something specific to Mustangs? I just want to be sure I shouldn't take it to the dealer to be checked out. Plus, I'd rather look a fool on here than there.

Also, does anyone else have a hard time shifting into first and reverse? New car = tight gears?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member

Hey i also have a 2010 v6 and yes the gears will be a bit sticky in the begining, that is how my mine were about a year ago when i got my car, espescialy in first and reverse, but they have smoothed out quite a bit since then.

And also i have also have a noise that i hear that comes from the center console behind the radio, it is a ticking noise when i lett off the clucth in first gear and some times in reverse, but this noise dosent happen all of the time, it is just random, but it dosent bother me that much becasue i figured if it was serious it would happen every time and interfer with my driving which it dosent.

What sort of noise dose yours make?

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

It is like a ticking noise. But not like *tick*....*tick*. more of a rolling tick, if that makes any sense. I want to almost describe it as gurgling, but it isn't a fluid sound. Maybe I'm just nuts?! lol

I guess maybe I'm not used to the size of the engine and "power" because it just seems really noisy. I'll have to pop the hood later and see if maybe it's just the positioning of the engine to the dash.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member

i think that all of the noises that you are hearing are normal, the 4.0 engine in the 2010 v6 mustang is a noisey engine, but it is very powerfull and has lots of torque, plus i think that you said that you had mainly foreign cars in the past which are much quieter.

The 4.0 v6 is a v6 but it is still a noisey engine and transmission setup, but it is very durable and strong and will last for a long time if kept up right.

Everything is normal on your car it sounds like, just drive it and have fun

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the help!! I figured I was just being a "Worry-body".
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

tic tic tic=fuel injectors in some cases.

2010v6, FRPP CAI,93AM RaceTune,Tlok,4:10's. dual aeroforce gauges/SOS pillar gauge pod. custom flamed plenum/shock tower covers.dash & door insert kit. billet grille(black).GT500 spoiler & decklid panel.1/4 window/side scoops.duals w/series 44 flowmasters.roush rear valance POW/MIA & AMERICAN FLAG emblems.( in the works; shelby/paxton cs6/terlingua 375hp intrcld supercharger).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cab noise , exhaust noise , gear noise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page