2010 Mustang AC/HEAT blender door actuator TSB - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2010 Mustang AC/HEAT blender door actuator TSB

Ok so here is how the story begins. I wake up one morning start my 2010 V6 Mustang and i hear this clicking coming from the dash??? I thought nothing of it and went on my way to work. But after a few days of this happening everytime i start the car i take it into the dealer which is were they tell me that my blendor acuator for the AC/Heat is broke,(the gears inside are striped which is causeing the clicking). And Aparently there is a TSB out for it.

What is funny though is that as soon as the service guy heard the noise he knew what it was, plus the computer was throwin a code for the same problem. He said that explorers had this problem too and that ford just never delt with the problem and just made a replacement acuator that will fix the problem for good if your acuator goes bad in your car.

Another weird this is that i almost never use my air and my car only has 6000 miles on it, how could this part go bad already.

o well at least i am getting to use my warrenty because if i didnt it would cost about 700 bucks to get fixed because of all of the time it takes to get to acuator that is located behind the dash but the part is only like 30 bucks.

I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with this or knew of this problem?

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

First I have heard of it, but good to know.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No problems here either, but good to know in case the problem rears its ugly head

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

yep just thought i would let everyone know, the part is on backorder to so i dont know how long it is going to take to get the new acuator in so the dealer can fix it but i guess i can just deal with it for now.

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013
Rookie

I'm having no luck finding the TSB on the web. My 2010 v6 is about a week outside the 36 month warrenty and started the clicking sound yesterday. The dealer mechanic listened to it and it is most likely the actuator. Will the dealership cover the cost since this is a known issue? This was my first new car so I'm new at the factory warrenty/recall/TSB junk. I'm trying to avoid the extended warrenty copay. Thanks.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkjf View Post
I'm having no luck finding the TSB on the web. My 2010 v6 is about a week outside the 36 month warrenty and started the clicking sound yesterday. The dealer mechanic listened to it and it is most likely the actuator. Will the dealership cover the cost since this is a known issue? This was my first new car so I'm new at the factory warrenty/recall/TSB junk. I'm trying to avoid the extended warrenty copay. Thanks.
Hello clarkjf,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. A TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern. It is not a Recall and itís only covered under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Your service manager can still look into any assistance/discounts they may have available for you.

Deysha
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013
Apprentice

Garage
Happened to my 08 awhile back. The sound drove me nuts!

Last edited by Robbymoon2; 01-13-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: misspelled
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013
PONY Member

Yeah my 2010 had that last spring. Good thing I was still under the bumper to bumper warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013
Apprentice

Dealers are most likely to help out if you bought the car there and have had it serviced there on a regular basis. I.E. lof's and maintenance! Funny how they like loyal customers and do what it takes to keep a loyal customer. Just a little insight into dealer mentality.
PONY Member
S197 Member

The blend door is used to switch the HVAV between hot and cold, and the motor cycles it back and forth to find the max position each time you start up the heating or AC. Basically, it moves the door as far as possible until the motor stalls and then stops. This puts pressure on the small gear that attaches the motor to the door pivot. Usually the door pivot (which is plastic) eventually fractures.

This issue has been a problem on F150s, Expeditions and Explorers also. Its expensive to fix because the door is buried deep in the dash plenum.

Bruce
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yep had mine done last month couldnt do it myself but since I knew what it was where it was ford only charged me labor of 200 bones

2008 GT GRAY 4.6 BBK Rear Control arms and Rear Upper Control Arms, MSD Ign, & New Strut Tower.
1979 Indy pace car mustang 2.3 L turbo Im working on now getting running and passing az emissions Hopefully.[/COLOR]
RIP 4.0 2008 MUSTANG
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

No I was wrong it was like 450 bones my bad

2008 GT GRAY 4.6 BBK Rear Control arms and Rear Upper Control Arms, MSD Ign, & New Strut Tower.
1979 Indy pace car mustang 2.3 L turbo Im working on now getting running and passing az emissions Hopefully.[/COLOR]
RIP 4.0 2008 MUSTANG
rwp
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hello clarkjf,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. A TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern. It is not a Recall and itís only covered under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Your service manager can still look into any assistance/discounts they may have available for you.

Deysha
My 2012 V6 Perf Pack just turned over 20,000 miles and this symptom started. I bought the car used from a Ford dealer (flew to Austin TX from Atlanta to get it). I've had it serviced here in Atlanta at a dealer. I have to check but the initial warranty probably expired a few months ago. Is it reasonable to get some sort of accommodation given the time and miles on the car?

It's pretty frustrating that something like this should fail on a routine basis.

Bill in Atlanta
65 year old kid
2012 V6 manual, Kona blue, stone, w Perf Pack
1999 Miata
2004 Mini Cooper S
1980 BMW 320i
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Your warranty should be 3 yrs, 36k miles. Take it to a dealer..
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp View Post
My 2012 V6 Perf Pack just turned over 20,000 miles and this symptom started. I bought the car used from a Ford dealer (flew to Austin TX from Atlanta to get it). I've had it serviced here in Atlanta at a dealer. I have to check but the initial warranty probably expired a few months ago. Is it reasonable to get some sort of accommodation given the time and miles on the car?

It's pretty frustrating that something like this should fail on a routine basis.
Hi rwp,

You should have your Ford Dealer look into this for you and see about your warranty. Be sure to speak to your service manager as well, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page