will a 50shot blow me up - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

will a 50shot blow me up

i've been battling this nitrous install for a good minute now and it should all be done tuesday. so far to my car i have exhaust and a 93oct tune. If i spray the 50shot without getting a dyno tune what are the chances of me blowin this thing up? i plan on getting a dyno tune within a month or two but can't afford it right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010
Rookie

Im pretty sure AM and some other places can get you a canned tune for your 50shot.

2008 Black Bullitt - Smoked tails and projector head lights - sequential tails - Pype Bomb muffler deletes - Tint - Staggered 18in Black DD Bullitt Wheels - Pending Vortech V3 (March)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Am? whats that... never heard of them sorry....

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangsixer View Post
Am? whats that... never heard of them sorry....
AmericanMuscle.com

If you have deep pockets and you are a shopoholic with car parts than I suggest staying away from there :p.

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7sage7x View Post
AmericanMuscle.com

If you have deep pockets and you are a shopoholic with car parts than I suggest staying away from there :p.
dude honestly i blow so much money on my car that is not necessary.... as of now though i dont feel like dishing out the 400 itll cost for a dyno tune cuz if im gettin it dyno tuned best believe its gettin a 100 shot.. i just dont want a 50 to blow my motor up...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
dude honestly i blow so much money on my car that is not necessary.... as of now though i dont feel like dishing out the 400 itll cost for a dyno tune cuz if im gettin it dyno tuned best believe its gettin a 100 shot.. i just dont want a 50 to blow my motor up...
A 75 shot is pretty safe, 50 is very safe and you don't need a dyno, just retard your timing 2 degrees, with your tuner. unless you are really worried about it, then get it dynoed, i never did and i have been running nitrous for 2 years now. i would recomend an rpm window switch though if you don't have one.

Torch red 2007 4.0, in dash flip out Jensen touch screen dvd player, single Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Airaid CAI, 4.10 rear gears, Ford Racing T-lok, SCT XCal 3 tuner w a bama race tune, sequencial taillights, glowshift gauges, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum drive shaft, Zex wet nitrous kit 75 shot, with window switch, and dual outlet purge kit, hollowed out catalytic converters.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTE View Post
A 75 shot is pretty safe, 50 is very safe and you don't need a dyno, just retard your timing 2 degrees, with your tuner. unless you are really worried about it, then get it dynoed, i never did and i have been running nitrous for 2 years now. i would recomend an rpm window switch though if you don't have one.
thing is the tuner here wants to charge me for the tune. if i don't go to him at all and just spray a 50 how it is now will that affect it. if you get what im saying...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
thing is the tuner here wants to charge me for the tune. if i don't go to him at all and just spray a 50 how it is now will that affect it. if you get what im saying...
don't you have a handheld tuner like an sct or diablo? the one u would have used for your 93 octane tune. that is all u need.

Torch red 2007 4.0, in dash flip out Jensen touch screen dvd player, single Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Airaid CAI, 4.10 rear gears, Ford Racing T-lok, SCT XCal 3 tuner w a bama race tune, sequencial taillights, glowshift gauges, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum drive shaft, Zex wet nitrous kit 75 shot, with window switch, and dual outlet purge kit, hollowed out catalytic converters.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010
Apprentice

the rule is 2 degrees for every 50 hp shot, so 2 for 50 4 for 100 and so on. so yes you need to tune it but no u don't necessarily need to dyno tune it.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTE View Post
don't you have a handheld tuner like an sct or diablo? the one u would have used for your 93 octane tune. that is all u need.
yeah i have a sct tuner. ok so all ima do is pull 2 degrees of timing and it should run safe. lets hope for the best i guess.
PONY Member

Quote:
yeah i have a sct tuner. ok so all ima do is pull 2 degrees of timing and it should run safe. lets hope for the best i guess.
every car is different, 2 deg might work for some but not for others...IMO too much risk even with a 50 shot...I would save my $$, get the 100 shot and have it all tuned....unless of course you have plan B if you damage the engine and have extra cash to spend on fixing the engine......if you dont then,, i would better be safe than sorry....
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

you wont hurt it, just dont spray below 2500 rpms.

once you go 100 though, get a dyno tune and get a spark plug thats one heat range colder.

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page