Problem with my radio signal after livewires and screamin demonq - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Will the stock coil give enough juice for a gap of .065?

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange
Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Mafia View Post
why on earth would you run .065??? stock is good and I run my X at .040 stock coil,,no problems,,recommended .035

PONY Member

gaaaappp

Quote:

no dude...lol...by what i read on your sig you got pretty much what can be done on a budget mods list....your next move should be forced induction, n02 , methanol kits to gain substantial power to the wheels....in the meantime kepp it simple and enjoy your ride....dont get sucked in amazing power adder advertising for just pennies....

always research this and other forums before dishing out your cash......most if not ALL mods have been tried before....

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

.065 with the screamin. So now I have to go back and re gap all the plugs...

Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

could the gap be causing interference? if I did it lower would it work out?

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
i dont think so, but you try it just for fun. i been running these ngk`s at .060, running great, before that i ran the bosh fusions( no gap) ran great too stock gap is .052-.054

05 V6 auto,
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah Ill give it a shot my next day off.

PONY Member

gap

Quote:
i dont think so..i think it has to do with the new coil or a ground...the gap on the plugs must be reduced to oem specs....
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Theyre sending me new wires now. Well see how it goes. Today it was fine and sounded clear but I floored it getting onto the highway and after that it got a litlle crackly. Very odd, not really sure whats up.

Apprentice

Since, you have been through the grounding issue and have not found anything there. I would not say it was the coil either. It is starting to sound like the wires. Strange that they would cause such an interferance with the radio. I bet it is one wire that is having issues.

Did you ever go back to the stock wires running the demon? Or did I miss that post? :?:

'05 Fire Red V6 Mustang | Custom X Pipe Dual Exhaust | Magnaflow Mufflers | JLT CIA | At the Moment 89 Octane Tune | MyColor Gauges | Eclipse Stereo | Focal Speakers |
PONY Member

ppssstttt............MSD

dual ram air,jet maf,bbk 70tb, msd wires, fusion plugs,dual exhaust,xpype,no mufflers and dumps,lt headers,hi flows,3650 trans,c/f d/f clutch,fadanza al flywheel,hurst shifter, al ds safety loop,8.8 rear w/ 3.31 and t-lock,sct tuner,che upper and lowers, drag shocks,swar bar,4 point rear brace,steeda panhard bar and brace,gt springs,nitto555,g-track brace w/ tq limiters,drilled/slotted rotors,gt rims,gt fuel pumps,mafia, Vortech HO system, power pipe,380rwhp,355rwtq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page