2007 Mustang grabber orange - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

2007 Mustang grabber orange

Team I need some input, based on what I already have, what direction should I head. I am looking at the following: headers, springs, gears, throttle body, what is some of the labor cost am I looking at. given if the labor per hour is 80ish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

well what do you HAVE?
top of the list should be cai/tuner, followed by dual exhaust. then gears/tlok then suspension.

a TB is pretty much useless on a N/A v6. headers wont do much but those who buy the shorties swear by the look/sound improvement, no real power

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
Well a throttle body is like a ten minute install using simple hand tools. I've heard mixed reviews about the BBK one tho. So you should be able to knock that out yourself.

As for headers, do you already have a dual catback? If not, that would be a better first step IMHO.

Gears are something that really needs to be done right the first time so I'd go with a shop on that if your unsure. 3.73 for manuals and 4.10's for autos is the reccommened ratios I've seen on here. If you can, put a Ford racing T-loc in at thhe same time. Save a bit on labor vs doing it later and get better traction.

It all really depends on what YOU want to do. Noone else can make up your mind for you. We can only offer our opinions. The modding bug is very addictive

By the way, nice car. I like that grabber orange.

2010 mustang 5spd grabber blue
GT500 rear valance GT Front Bumper
Saleen grill w Cervinis hood
Pypes dual exhaust w/ x-pipe
DG quarter window louvers
18x9/10 Cobra R w/Goodyear Eagle F1 255/275

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks, i have a 5sp with jba dual exhaust ( y-Pipe) with a roush cai, and a sct flash tuner. i know i need to get either a x-pipe or h-pipe, i have read up on both but need some real ownership input.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

well I have the Pypes X pipe on my car. It was super easy to install, the only hitch is getting everything lined up properly so that it won't cause the mid pipes to rib and rattle on the axle. the X pipe does has a bit of a rasp to it, but nothing crazy. Even the GT X pipe has a slight rasp by design. I've heard the H pipe is a bit deeper but loses a bit of power. I dont know as I've never seen them side by side or dyno tests of like cars.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

its impossible to have dual exhaust with a y pipe

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet07 View Post
its impossible to have dual exhaust with a y pipe
JBA made this kit that attaches a Y-pipe after the factory Y-pipe to take it to dual exhaust. Its a lame idea but there are people that don't wanna cut the factory pieces but still want duals.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

hmm...like a dual y pipe? seems really restrictive and pointless

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have seen this "dual Y pipe" its interestin but it really exists lol.

As far as moding your car, i have shortie headers, didnt do much but changes the sound a some and revs a little quicker. If your gonna do headers then go with long tubes, they offer more power plus give a sweet sound!

for the gears they offer a whole rear end form NewTakeOff.com, with 8.8 rear ends with Tloc's, if your lookin for that, they have all kinds of different gearing as well.

hope i could help out

First Mustang! 2007 V6 Auto.

Few mods and a lot of fun
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
JBA made this kit that attaches a Y-pipe after the factory Y-pipe to take it to dual exhaust. Its a lame idea but there are people that don't wanna cut the factory pieces but still want duals.
Its lame, but doing an X voids the warrenty on the cats from ford.

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange
Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Mafia View Post
Its lame, but doing an X voids the warranty on the cats from ford.
That may be. But he was asking about headers and a throttle body as well. So I figured he already got around the warranty issue. You're gonna have to give up a few warranties if you want more power in any factory built vehicle. Part of the price we all pay.

PONY Member

Very true. I was just stating why some people opt for the y to y

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange
Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page