1 step closer to gt <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> swap - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

1 step closer to gt trans swap

i just bought a 5 speed manual trans out of an 05 gt. i am now one step closer to swapping it out. next is the install kit. i didn't think i was ready to buy the transmission yet, but i ran across a deal. i paid $500 for it. not too bad i suppose. i can't wait to do the swap.

dual ram air,jet maf,bbk 70tb, msd wires, fusion plugs,dual exhaust,xpype,no mufflers and dumps,lt headers,hi flows,3650 trans,c/f d/f clutch,fadanza al flywheel,hurst shifter, al ds safety loop,8.8 rear w/ 3.31 and t-lock,sct tuner,che upper and lowers, drag shocks,swar bar,4 point rear brace,steeda panhard bar and brace,gt springs,nitto555,g-track brace w/ tq limiters,drilled/slotted rotors,gt rims,gt fuel pumps,mafia, Vortech HO system, power pipe,380rwhp,355rwtq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
Apprentice

Where are you purchasing an install kit from?

2007 VEE-SIK

ForSale - 17" Eagle Alloy wheels with 245/45F&275/40R Sumitomo HTR ZII's. BBK Cold-Air Intake. DiabloSport Predator tuner (U7145). 05-10 HP White rear quarter window louvers and side scoops.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

i'm not sure at this point. there is a member on here that told me where to get it, and for the life of me i can't find the post about it. lol

dual ram air,jet maf,bbk 70tb, msd wires, fusion plugs,dual exhaust,xpype,no mufflers and dumps,lt headers,hi flows,3650 trans,c/f d/f clutch,fadanza al flywheel,hurst shifter, al ds safety loop,8.8 rear w/ 3.31 and t-lock,sct tuner,che upper and lowers, drag shocks,swar bar,4 point rear brace,steeda panhard bar and brace,gt springs,nitto555,g-track brace w/ tq limiters,drilled/slotted rotors,gt rims,gt fuel pumps,mafia, Vortech HO system, power pipe,380rwhp,355rwtq.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

ah, here it is.
05-08 4.0 V6 Tremec TR3650 / TR6060 Adapter - The Mustang Collective Forums

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
Apprentice

Obviously you plan on exceeding the T5's limits. What's the game plan ?

2007 VEE-SIK

ForSale - 17" Eagle Alloy wheels with 245/45F&275/40R Sumitomo HTR ZII's. BBK Cold-Air Intake. DiabloSport Predator tuner (U7145). 05-10 HP White rear quarter window louvers and side scoops.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

well, after this, i plan on 39lb injectors and 100 shot of nitrous, wide band o2, then i'm gonna paint the ground effects and hood. after that, my wife told me to save up my down payment for a new 2011 mustang gt with the new 5.0. wow, i guess i'm almost done with the 07 v6 project. i don't think i've ever gotten this far on a project.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
Apprentice

lol if it went that smooth. Keep her around if that's what she says to do The best mod I've done yet on my V6 as far as appearance ---> Painted my rocker panels. The V6 rocker panels will need some smoothing as the V6's and GT's are different but that's no biggie at all.:kooky:

2007 VEE-SIK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page