2007 Mustang 4.0 Prcarastinating about what Mods to do - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2007 Mustang 4.0 Prcarastinating about what Mods to do

Im looking to put a new grille on the Polished one from AM, (Upper) even though it seems iffy, I def want a CAI, probably leaning towards the BBK, (mostly because I am holding off on a Tuner (been deployed last 6 months) wanted the JLT but I hear it doesnt work right without a tuner, Sequential Headlights and a Chrome Fuel Door from AM...even though it looks like a ***** to put on....the most annoying part of my car is the racing stripes that seem to be painted on the sides, I wish they were decals because theyd be taken off months ago...any other advices guys for Mods?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
id save and get the JLT and tuner.... woah... its like that

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Hiya, welcome to the site. I moved your thread here so you'll get more answers than here in the intro section.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05horse View Post
id save and get the JLT and tuner.... woah... its like that
2nd this. JLT intake w/tune rocks!

2007 Mustang V6 "Delilah"

Mods: Pypes axle-back, JLT CAI, AM 91 Race tune, 3.73 gears + T-lock
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

welcome to the forums. i agree, dont even buy a cai, just wait till you can get the cai that requires the tune,,,tuner/cai combo, its worth the wait. the very first thing i did to my car was the exhaust system. the problem with modding is every mod that you like,,,is indeed a good mod

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I wouldn't get a CAI without a tune, no matter which one. If money is an issue, get the tuner, then the intake. A tune by itself will be a much better improvement over stock than ANY intake without a tune. The BBK intake is good, but people seem to rave about the JLT, I would get that, even if you have to buy the tuner seperate. If you buy the tuner from American Muscle you will get free tunes for life, you cant beat that. They are pretty good tunes too

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010
TunableInduction

Welcome to the forum, great folks, great info here

If a CAI does not require a tuner it's because the intake & maf meter housing is not much bigger, if at all, then stock, with little benefit. It should also be non-metallac (heat soak), abs cellular core construction is coolest. A V6 CAI Tuner Combo is the way to go and Doug @ AM/Bama Tunes can't say enough about Tunable Induction's '05-'09 V6 CAI. +18.8 rwhp. A great seller for us

Doug @ BamaChips: "All I can say is WOW!!...We made some great numbers with this kit. In stock trim it made 176rwhp and 198 rwtq. The car in stock trim with my 87 Performance tune made 188 rwhp and 218 rwtq. With the 87 tune and the Demolet air intake we made 195 rwhp and 219 rwtq. That is absolutely nuts with an automatic V6!"

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustand Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Software 5th dyno chart

Check us out, website has stats, pictures, prices, etc, facebook has Cust. Rides w/CAI Installs (photos) & Reviews (discussions).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010
Apprentice

The BBK threw check engine light codes on my 07 V6 and the intake was my only mod at the time. Might want to reconsider. But then again some people don't have problems. If you plan to purchase a tuner. No tuner manufacturer offers a tune for use with the BBK intake. That I know of. The only way to get that tune for the BBK CAI is thru a custom tune (Purchase thru AmericanMuscle.com and you get free tunes) I know the Diablo Predator has tunes for the C&L K&N JLT AIR-RAID... Good luck.

Double check that tuner/cai compatibility. Not sober. Again.

2007 VEE-SIK

ForSale - 17" Eagle Alloy wheels with 245/45F&275/40R Sumitomo HTR ZII's. BBK Cold-Air Intake. DiabloSport Predator tuner (U7145). 05-10 HP White rear quarter window louvers and side scoops.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Hello and welcome, i would go with a combo, best HP for your money. Exhaust is also a great route to take though because im sure you will get duals one day

First Mustang! 2007 V6 Auto.

Few mods and a lot of fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page