Taylor Spark Plug Wires- ThunderVolt or Spiro-Pro? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Taylor Spark Plug Wires- ThunderVolt or Spiro-Pro?

I am upgrading my plug wires for a little extra power and pizazz. I get the gist of the product descriptions but some of the info goes right over my head-

Which is better? I'm open to other brand suggestions, price really isn't a factor as long as they come in red and have high quality and proven performance.

Thanks!

ThunderVolt $65
These ThunderVolt 8.2mm wires from Taylor are an easy, proven, dyno-tested way to gain more power simply by changing your spark plug wires!

These factory replacement, ultra-high performance ignition wire sets are loaded with features and benefits, including:

* 50 ohms of resistance per foot
* 100 percent silicone 2-layer jacket
* Ferrite spiral-wound coated core
* RFI and EMI-compatible for all ignition systems
* Dyno-tested to outperform the competition
* Superior spark energy
* Increased horsepower
* Significant torque gains
* Smoother idle
* Improved fuel economy

Spiro-Pro $54

Taylor Spiro-Pro wire sets are the finest high performance street and race wires available today. They have maximum firepower without radio interference, provide up to 10 times less resistance than standard resistor core wire, and are a must for electronic ignitions, on-board computers, stereos, and pit radios. Other features include a 100 percent silicone inner and outer jacket that provides heat protection up to 600 degrees F, low-profile silicone boots with grips, and double spring locking spark plug terminals for a secure connection. They're available in your choice of vibrant colors.

2010 Performance White V6 Premium
Pony Package Comfort Package Stripe Package 3 Illuminated Door Sills

Mods:
Tint Blackout Panel Red Painted Calipers Custom X-Pipe Magnaflow Dual Exhaust System GT500 Diffuser Valance Satin Lock Pockets w/Chrome Pins
Performance: Red Samco Sport Radiator Hoses Airaid MXP Cold Air Intake Taylor ThunderVolt Wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010
PONY Member

I use MSD Super Conductor wires on everything. Mine and customer cars, i see an improvement over what they come in with. MSD Super Conductor have a resistance value of 40-50 ohms of resistance per foot. i have never heard any radio noise. cost about $20 more. just an option.

dual ram air,jet maf,bbk 70tb, msd wires, fusion plugs,dual exhaust,xpype,no mufflers and dumps,lt headers,hi flows,3650 trans,c/f d/f clutch,fadanza al flywheel,hurst shifter, al ds safety loop,8.8 rear w/ 3.31 and t-lock,sct tuner,che upper and lowers, drag shocks,swar bar,4 point rear brace,steeda panhard bar and brace,gt springs,nitto555,g-track brace w/ tq limiters,drilled/slotted rotors,gt rims,gt fuel pumps,mafia, Vortech HO system, power pipe,380rwhp,355rwtq.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to We're Wolf
what kind of performance is gained? lol

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010
PONY Member

throttle response, mpg, smoother idle, stronger spark. ect

dual ram air,jet maf,bbk 70tb, msd wires, fusion plugs,dual exhaust,xpype,no mufflers and dumps,lt headers,hi flows,3650 trans,c/f d/f clutch,fadanza al flywheel,hurst shifter, al ds safety loop,8.8 rear w/ 3.31 and t-lock,sct tuner,che upper and lowers, drag shocks,swar bar,4 point rear brace,steeda panhard bar and brace,gt springs,nitto555,g-track brace w/ tq limiters,drilled/slotted rotors,gt rims,gt fuel pumps,mafia, Vortech HO system, power pipe,380rwhp,355rwtq.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010
PONY Member

wires

please read MAGNECOR explanation of how wires work before you make a decision....MAGNECOR Race Wires: WELCOME TO MAGNECOR!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the suggestions!

What brand of spark plugs are you using?

Mods:
Tint Blackout Panel Red Painted Calipers Custom X-Pipe Magnaflow Dual Exhaust System GT500 Diffuser Valance Satin Lock Pockets w/Chrome Pins
Performance: Red Samco Sport Radiator Hoses Airaid MXP Cold Air Intake Taylor ThunderVolt Wires
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010
PONY Member

bosch fusion
Bosch-Iridium-Fusion/Spark Plug (4509) | Spark Plug | 2007 Ford Mustang 6 Cylinders N 4.0L SFI SOHC | AutoZone.com_

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy

BUMMER! I just checked the fitment from your link- they won't fit on a 2010.

Mods:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010
PONY Member

you have the 4.0, correct?

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsweetie View Post
BUMMER! I just checked the fitment from your link- they won't fit on a 2010.
heres a link for plugs. ive used them before. i entered my 4.0 but you could find the home page and enter 2010 and see what it says. i would think it should use the same plugs. i like the fusions too. right now i`m running the ngk`s though. right now they have a special going on the fusions, click that link on the site ( 2.00 off per plug)
Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

05 V6 auto,
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longalan2 View Post
you have the 4.0, correct?
I do have a 4.0- You'd think they'd take the same plugs!

Mods:
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
heres a link for plugs. ive used them before. i entered my 4.0 but you could find the home page and enter 2010 and see what it says. i would think it should use the same plugs. i like the fusions too. right now i`m running the ngk`s though. right now they have a special going on the fusions, click that link on the site ( 2.00 off per plug)
Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

I actually looked at sparkplugs.com and they didn't have 2010 listed as an option yet. Again, I would think they would take the same plugs as 05-09.

Which do you like better, fusion or ngk? The bosch ones earlier looked good too. Eh... I need to keep researching!

Mods:
PONY Member

plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsweetie View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!

What brand of spark plugs are you using?
goodol Autolite 5143,,i gapped mine .043 for the supercharger, then took the sc off for upgrades and have been running them with the same gap and stock coil with no problems....i did keep my 39lbs injectors and have a semi stock tune for them....but the car runs great....

BTW i do have the MAGNECOR KV85 race wires - 3 years now no problems at all...their web page does a great job at explaining things...take the time and read it.....
PONY Member

the fusion will fit your 2010 4.0. i personally prefer the fusion.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Right on! Amazon.com confirms the fitment for Bosch (4509) Platinum IR Fusions and has the $2.00 rebate as well. Overall they're much less expensive than thought too.

I read the Magnacor site, it's full of very useful information for their products as well as plug wires overall, very impressive! They're definitely a contender for wires... Now to research the fitment for the other brands of plugs suggested. I'm glad I've got a little downtime at work today to play here and research the suggestions.

Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
spark plug wires , spiro-pro , taylor , thundervolt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page