Just bought my first mustang and need a little help - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
V6 Member

This is just basically saying what everyone els said, but I would just like to emphasize the great improvement of just a Tuner/CAI/Dual Exhaust.
On Americanmuscle.com they have a project video of a 2005 v6 that they added those 3 mods to and gained about 40HP. Obviously you have a 2010, not a 05, but I would think the gain would be fairly similar.

Have fun modding!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TunableInduction

Thumbs up TI CAI, Exhaust, Gears - 1st Mods

TI Cold Air Intake w/SCT Tuner - Increased cooler air & tune = More HP & mpg with a larger then stock intake & maf meter housing (77mm), non-metallic (consistant cool air), and a life time 1570 cfm Green USA Filter.

Exhaust - free up your back pressure and let her breath.

Rear Gears - quickness from the get go.

Bama Tunes has dynoed our TI '05-'09 V6 CAI, Doug @ "All I Can Say is WOW!" TI website, Dyno Results, 5th dyno chart.

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang True Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software

$509 with AFM Discount - CAI, SCT tuner, and 3 octane tunes. Facebook has Cust. installs photos & reviews (discussions). A great seller for us.

Rake

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian101193 View Post
I bought a 2010 V6 Mustang and i love it. But i want to but a little money into increasing its "get up and go" if you know what i mean. I have about $1000 to but into it and i wanted to have a duel exhaust system put in it. Is it worth it, or would you have something else added ? thanks in advance
Assuming this $1000 is all you're going to put into your car, I'd go like this:

Muffler - $50
CAI + Tune - $555
T-Lok + install - Remaining $400

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Siloras
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
Assuming this $1000 is all you're going to put into your car, I'd go like this:

Muffler - $50
CAI + Tune - $555
T-Lok + install - Remaining $400
Agree, If you did the CAI/Tune along with a T-lok and gears install... You car is going to feel like a GT.

2010 V6 Mustang Auto pony package
Go: BBK Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust, 4.10 Gears w/ LSD, 93 Octane SCT Tuned, Bosch Plat 4 Spark Plugs, J&M Camber plates, 06 GT Shocks/Struts, BBK CAI, Eibach lowering springs
Show: Steeda Strut tower brace, 4.0 Billet fuel door, Blackout rear end

Future mods: SD Coil pack/wires, Drag Radials.

Rake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siloras View Post
Agree, If you did the CAI/Tune along with a T-lok and gears install... You car is going to feel like a GT.
Gears will put him beyond his $1000 budget, which is why I left it off. If he can get up to $1300-$1400 for this project, though, then gears are the next thing I'd add.

OP: If you can swing that, then have your gears and t-lok installed at the same time. You should save some money that way.
Apprentice

CAI, Tune, exhaust, and gears will get you about as quick, if not a little faster, than a stock new edge GT.

Windveil Blue 2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package
Pypes Dual Exhaust
JLT CAI
SCT SF3, running 87 performance Bama Tune
Ford Racing 7.5" LSD
Motive 4.10 gears
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

ok excuse the noob who is a bit confused, what do you mean by changing the gears ? Also most of you are saying to do a CAI with a tuner but most of the cai im seeing online say they dont require a tuning so i dont know if there just saying that or if its more effective with a tuning. thanks :?:
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Siloras
Ok for one, gears wouldnt put you "well over" past a 1k budget.Maybe $100 depending on how much the mech charges for install.

Also, the rear end gears will Dramatically increases acceleration and traction. For an auto, I would recommend 4.10 gears. The T-Lok will allow better traction with a 2 tire spin, rather than the 1 you have now.

Motive 4.10 gears = 169.99
T-Lok = 219.99
Install $200-300
Total = 589.98-689.98

CAI w/Tune = 554.99

Complete total = 1144.97ish

2010 V6 Mustang Auto pony package
Go: BBK Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust, 4.10 Gears w/ LSD, 93 Octane SCT Tuned, Bosch Plat 4 Spark Plugs, J&M Camber plates, 06 GT Shocks/Struts, BBK CAI, Eibach lowering springs
Show: Steeda Strut tower brace, 4.0 Billet fuel door, Blackout rear end

Future mods: SD Coil pack/wires, Drag Radials.

Apprentice
V6 Member

Yea, what the person above me said about gears. And to answer you question about a CAI, no it doesn't require a tune, but you will get a lot more out of it with a tuner. And a tuner just helps normally, so putting the two together is a great investment!
TunableInduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian101193 View Post
ok excuse the noob who is a bit confused, what do you mean by changing the gears ? Also most of you are saying to do a CAI with a tuner but most of the cai im seeing online say they dont require a tuning so i dont know if there just saying that or if its more effective with a tuning. thanks :?:
Changing gears - replacing rear end gears to a higher/quicker ratio, ie: 3:31 or 3:55 to 3:73 or 4:10, etc. Will not increase HP, but makes your car quicker off the line and thru the power range.

A CAI that doesn't require a tune/tuner, is "not" much larger then stock and your stock on board computer (pcm) can adjust to the minor air flow increase..."little" hp increase. For larger HP gains, you need a CAI that's much "larger then stock" requiring a tuner/tune to adjust for the greater air flow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page