2007 v6 mustang rear end bent. What to do? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2007 v6 mustang rear end bent. What to do?

Hi every one new here and like it!

Well to start off i bought my 07 V6 Mustang (automatic) at an auction wrecked. It was all mostly body damage, but i got all that fixed. The only mechanical problem was that when the car was hit, the car that hit it kind of t-boned it and ended up pushing my rear passenger wheel forward and bending the rear end, not excesivly but bending it none the less to where the wheel would rub against the body of the car.

Now, my dad took it to his shop and tried to bend the rear end back to straight as mush as possible and seemed to have gotten it rather straight. Now ive been driving it for a week already and i just dont feel safe. I mean it drives just about perfect except for a sqeaky soundit makes an it also started leaking differential fliud and i don't know, i just feel like its gonna break on me or something. So i decided im going to get a whole new rear end.

Im only 19 and dont know much and i was wondering what is best to do in my situation. Is it possible to buy a rear end off of a 07 GT mustang from a junk yard and putting on my V6. Is that even possible? If so what is the difference from the GT rear end and the V6 rear end. Or should i just buy a limited slip with some gears? And if i do that what else do i have to buy?

Thanks to everyone that helps and sorry for the long story!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

welcome to he forums. since you need to replace it, go with a 8.8 gt rear end

05 V6 auto,
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Not withstanding a bent frame, go to newtakeoff.com. Order an 8.8" GT rear end with your choice of gears. Make sure it says "for V6" and has a cobra pinion flange. Bolts right up. Be done with it.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yea I'd do like what was mentioned above and go to newtakeoff.com and get the 8.8 rear end, it's almost new, taken off a GT and at a good price. You cant straighten out a rear axel, you'll end up possibly ruining your Tranny and if that happens it's Big Bucks. I'd also have someone who knows Frames and have yours looked at too to make sure that it was'nt damaged also in the Crash.
Good Luck

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
Not withstanding a bent frame, go to newtakeoff.com. Order an 8.8" GT rear end with your choice of gears. Make sure it says "for V6" and has a cobra pinion flange. Bolts right up. Be done with it.
Now thats the answer i was looking for! Thanks alot. Now my other question is which ratio do u guys recommend? They have the 3.55 and the 4.10. I heard that for automatics 4.10 are perfect but i do worry a bit about gas miliage
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato3 View Post
Now thats the answer i was looking for! Thanks alot. Now my other question is which ratio do u guys recommend? They have the 3.55 and the 4.10. I heard that for automatics 4.10 are perfect but i do worry a bit about gas miliage
I'd go with the 3.55's, the 4.10's are great for Racing but on the Thruway your R's will be up there and there definately not good for gas mileage.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato3 View Post
Actually, they should have an option for 3.73's. Thats the route I'd go. Great mixture of performance with minimal loss of MPG.

P.S. Wasn't trying to be short with you in my first post. If you really want answers to your questions, let me know. If I don't get a chance to, someone will show you the ropes.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

buy an 8.8 and call it a day

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

i`m running 3.73 in my auto. but i`m also running a taller rear tire which knocks the gear ratio down a little bit..so i`m somewhere between a 3.55 and a 3.73. so on the highways as my dd its not bad at all and i have the option of putting a set of shorter tires on the rear for the dragstrip and i could change that ratio to closer to the 4.10 just by swapping tires i like that option

05 V6 auto,
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

so i wanted to buy the 8.8 from NTO really bad but i only have $650. Asked the parents if i could borrow some money so i could buy it and they got mad and said i didnt need it because i was just going to race and they said to buy the original v6 one from the junkyard because they were not going to lend me the money for that.

Well cant argue with that so im going with the stock rear end. Oh well Ill probably save up and sell it later to get 8.8

Thanks for the advice though!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post

Just out of curiosity, does it really 'bolt right up?'

In other words, how difficult of an install is it?

EDIT - Nevermind, I just found some install walkthroughs on other sites, pm me if interested as I'm not sure about inter-forum linking policies here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page