CDC Shaker Hood - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg314 View Post
Well, good luck with the choice(s) you will make. But its possible to really trick your V6 out to handel that Blown Camero. But from other discussions on this site. Its possible to get it to a 10.88 second car, but in parts and labor its in the rang of $20,000-25,000. But if you going to pay on a GT etc... you may save a few bucks. But take some time and think about what you REALLY WANT. Once you have a clear picture, you know where to focus on.
if only my car had 20,000 miles instead of 80,000.. I'd be more tempted to crank some cash into it

2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package Vista Blue with a 5-speed (Michele)
Go: BBK 70mm throttle body, BBK CAI, single custom exhaust (maxflow muffler) with polished 4" tip, SCT Tuner w/ 91 RT, SR TB Spacer, Custom made cold air bucket, Spec Stage II Clutch and SF66A Flywheel
Show: White rocker stripes, Kaenen Mach 1 Style hood, painted underhood parts/covers, Muffler tip, white stripes after heat reduction ports.
Own but not insalled- Polished Shorty Headers
Future-looking for 2007-08 F150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane2009 View Post
if only my car had 20,000 miles instead of 80,000.. I'd be more tempted to crank some cash into it
80,000 miles is nothing! As long as your car is taken care of, it can run great for 1,000's of miles! The car companies want us to think..."oh, that car has 100,000 miles on it... you need a new one". You know there are cars that where made in the 50's that are still being driving. Ok, some have put in new motors, etc. Some parts are always going to wear out; water pump, alternator, belts, etc. Think about it... if someone was going to give you a Shelby Cobra 1968... would you turn it down? OR would you drive it until the wheels fall off?

For me, I have made my mind up, I'm not going to sell my car or trade it in. Once its paid off, ITS PAID OFF. I can freely add anthing I want to it and have fun with it. WHile others are paying 300-800 dollars a month for 4 years or so, I can have that put into parts etc. As a street car, yes its going to be bad azz....

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well, this car hasn't had the best of luck. I've been cut off three times and wrecked twice with minor damage. Except of the rack and pinion steering, hit a curb and dented a brace and possibly dented the rack and pinion. Although I'd love to have a V6 that kicks some serious arse, it'd be out of my price range. Mine is paid off (in theory, simply because you're never done paying for a car) and I'm caught between makin it a beast or puttin a few mods on it and just makin it a gorgeous looking car and getting a gt for the grand finale and turnin the livin hell out of it

2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package Vista Blue with a 5-speed (Michele)
Go: BBK 70mm throttle body, BBK CAI, single custom exhaust (maxflow muffler) with polished 4" tip, SCT Tuner w/ 91 RT, SR TB Spacer, Custom made cold air bucket, Spec Stage II Clutch and SF66A Flywheel
Show: White rocker stripes, Kaenen Mach 1 Style hood, painted underhood parts/covers, Muffler tip, white stripes after heat reduction ports.
Own but not insalled- Polished Shorty Headers
Future-looking for 2007-08 F150

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane2009 View Post
Well, this car hasn't had the best of luck. I've been cut off three times and wrecked twice with minor damage. Except of the rack and pinion steering, hit a curb and dented a brace and possibly dented the rack and pinion. Although I'd love to have a V6 that kicks some serious arse, it'd be out of my price range. Mine is paid off (in theory, simply because you're never done paying for a car) and I'm caught between makin it a beast or puttin a few mods on it and just makin it a gorgeous looking car and getting a gt for the grand finale and turnin the livin hell out of it
Well, look at the "bright side"... you can really turn that car inside and out. You can upgrade the drive train, suspension, and add a power adder. But I can feel your pain... Not to go too far off the "rabbit's trail"... I just meet this guy today who had just upgraded his V6 into the Teginugia (yeah I can't spell it), taken it to Las Vagas etc. 4 months later... looks great etc. he has the supercharger with intercooler...his dyno states he's pushing 294rwhp????!!!!! It cost him $32,000 for the upgrade. I'm like...you could have just spent $12,000 for suspension and power adder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page