Where to find STOCK Ford rubber bushings - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Where to find STOCK Ford rubber bushings

I want to move my v6 back to stock suspension setup. This requires I remove my poly bushings from the front control arms and for the life of me I can't find anywhere to buy oem bushings (no, "go the dealer" answers please). Anyone have an idea? I am also open to ideas about another type of bushing that maintains noise absorption, cause I no longer can keep greasing my poly's to avoid the squeaking that comes with them. On that note anyone in OH want to come and swap there stock parts with my aftermarket setup?

2005 V6 Satin Silver Mustang
MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Bought some at a local NAPA. about 2 years ago. I couldn't find them any where else. They had to order them.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Check the trash can (just kidding). But for real, they are crapy and that's why many people have upgraded it. You have your reasons to downgrade, other than finding a totaled car in the junk yard, I have no idea.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011
Apprentice

Just curious, how often do you have to keep greasing the bushings?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

how long have you had them on?

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

its not downgrading, its about driveability. everyone seems to think stock parts are crap. thing is unless you race, autocross, drag, the fact is you really don't need to change out parts unless its about show and go. My stang is a daily driver so sometimes its a pain to continue to maintenance all my aftermarket parts.

I have had them on for about 18,000 miles. I usually re-grease them every 8,000. I noticed after I changed rims and tires the last time the squeaking subsided a lot.

2005 V6 Satin Silver Mustang
MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUSMC View Post
its not downgrading, its about driveability. everyone seems to think stock parts are crap. thing is unless you race, autocross, drag, the fact is you really don't need to change out parts unless its about show and go. My stang is a daily driver so sometimes its a pain to continue to maintenance all my aftermarket parts.

I have had them on for about 18,000 miles. I usually re-grease them every 8,000. I noticed after I changed rims and tires the last time the squeaking subsided a lot.
Wow, never really known that. Learn something new each and everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page