Changing the look of the Silver Bomber again! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Changing the look of the Silver Bomber again!

Well, I decided to get rid of the fr500s and go for a more subtle wheel look by changing out the rims to a stock set of fanblades (the fanblades will be going to the powdercoat shop to paint the inner parts smoke) and I have ditched my custom gt takeoffs for a PYPE BOMB exhaust and change the look of the chin spoiler, but that too changes by friday when I am installing a CDC chin spoiler (trying to tone down the front a little). Also, on friday I am putting my CHE lower control arm relocation brackets. Later down the road is new gear set (debating going to 3.55 or reinstalling another set 3.73) and window tint. Posted some before and after pics. I think this is what I love about owning a mustang so much. The possibilities are endless in customization. What do you guys think? Be nice I am sensitive:p

The LT

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1887 (1).JPG
Views:	155
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	126744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0286.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	668.2 KB
ID:	126745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0287.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	728.0 KB
ID:	126746  

2005 V6 Satin Silver Mustang
MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
PONY Member

I honestly like your previous looks more. The FR500 rims look awesome.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Agreed, but definitely needs lowering springs

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

i agree , i like the look before!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to We're Wolf
if you need to get rid of anything i have a silver mustang too :P

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thing is guys the car has always been lowered. The springs hadn't settle yet in the before photo and the tires were 275s too thin to fill out the wheel ask. I really liked the fr500s but they were staggered and the cost to replace tires and not being able to rotate them killed it for me. My car is my daily driver. Once I put the new chin spoiler on I think the new look will come together.

MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUSMC View Post
Thing is guys the car has always been lowered. The springs hadn't settle yet in the before photo and the tires were 275s too thin to fill out the wheel ask. I really liked the fr500s but they were staggered and the cost to replace tires and not being able to rotate them killed it for me. My car is my daily driver. Once I put the new chin spoiler on I think the new look will come together.
I run staggered too, and love the way it looks on mine. dont mind not being able to rotate them, also daily driven

Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

With staggered rims the car was definitely planted better in turns and launches too, but the ride was heavier. With my rims the car feels lighter and my brakes aren't being killed and it just flat out flies when accelerating.

MODS:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
Rake

If you want to tone down the front, you should tint your headlights. Those dual lights just scream "HERE I AM LOOK AT ME YAY!!!!"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

"tone down" means, less aggressive and smoother lines. i love the headlights the way they are.

MODS:
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

gee, you guys are a tough crowd today. all anyone has really said was "i would change this". No one has even said nice stang....lol

MODS:
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great otherwise, but the fan blades ruin the rest for me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page