need more power.......... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

need more power..........

so my current situation, i ran against a 350z and my motor is all stock except with true dual exhaust with h-pipe and pype bombs, i beat the z but then i went against a '11 v8 camaro and it actually wasn't to much of a dusting, now i'm craving power, im looking at screamin demon coil, e3 plugs, and new wires, also im thinking jlt intake and tuner combo from american muscle, my final thoughts so far are some shorty headers to finish it off, im not trying to overhaul the whole engine or go into f/i of either kind since i know how much more diffcult that is to maintain, so any other ideas on power gains i may be overlooking?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
PONY Member

gears, they could be a game changer coupled with a cai and a tune
either that or spray

2000 V6

Infinite wishlist
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
Rookie

An aftermarket axleback supposedly adds some power.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

CAI and Tune coupled w/3.73 or 4.10 gears and Posi-Loc is where you will get the most performance gains. Later add a screamin demon coil pack and wires. As far as headers go get an ebay set from a good feedback rated seller cause namebrands aren't worth the price and headers are more for looks and an improved exhaust tone than HP gains.

2005 V6 Satin Silver Mustang
MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

start throwing bolt ons at it, as you can. they dont make much, but add up. the sad part is its not cheap and there are only so many. combine that with a tlok and gears.

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

honestly i think it has a t-lok already, both rear wheels spin at the same time but i guess the guy before me did it, unfortunately i really don't know what all was done to the rear end but i have a good start. does anyone know of some underdrive or overdrive pulleys for the 4.0?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

You won't beat the camaro unless you do some serious $$ modding.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Get the JLT CAI SCT Tuner Combo and the 93 Race Tune and you'll think you have a different Mustang. Then get a 8.8 rearend with 4.10's Then mabey Duals.Anything after that is gonna really cost you. Duals wont add any hp but they will look and sound good. As for a aftermarket Axel Back Muffler they can add up to 12hp. I have a almost Brand New Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back with less than 40 miles on it for sale for $100 (half price) fits 05-09 Mustang V6's,there's a pic of it in My Members Pic Gallery if your interested.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Stop playing around and get a supercharger! Dual pipes, short headers, air intake. etc. I got only 222 ft/lbs of torque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page