Anyone know long tube headers hp/t gain? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anyone know long tube headers hp/t gain?

Horsepwower and tourque, anyone know the numbers for these?

:p'07 SONIC (not vista) Blue 4.0
(dealership custom painted)
5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevostang View Post
Horsepwower and tourque, anyone know the numbers for these?
It depends on your set up/ tune, etc. IN GENERAL... I heard some good things and bad things about getting those for a V6. For one, I heard there's a more pronounce "rasp" sound. And unless you plan on adding a power adder (turbo, supercharge, or nitrous) you are basically wasting your money. But I think they are sweet. My suggestion go on youtube and search for V6's with longtube headers. Some sound good and others.... well, you be the judge.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i have mac ceramic coated long tubes to a true dual gt takeoff setup. sounds better than any n/a v6 i've seen. helps the raspiness go down after you break them in. haven't even thought about changing my exhaust ever since they went in. i saw about 15-20hp and 10-15tq

207.0/218.4

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnshepherd View Post
i have mac ceramic coated long tubes to a true dual gt takeoff setup. sounds better than any n/a v6 i've seen. helps the raspiness go down after you break them in. haven't even thought about changing my exhaust ever since they went in. i saw about 15-20hp and 10-15tq
That's good to know. Well, it seems that you may got what's it offered. Sometimes you have to wonder if the claims are true. I was told that my x pipe will give about 15HP. My HP didn't really change at all. I got more torque...but I'm happy too.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
wow really you got that just from exaust??
do you have any sound clips of yours? i dont really mind raspy i kinda like that tone i just have all my stock pipes with a flowmaster muffler...its alright i wanna do something that is a big tone changer

5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
wow really you got that just from exaust??
do you have any sound clips of yours? i dont really mind raspy i kinda like that tone i just have all my stock pipes with a flowmaster muffler...its alright i wanna do something that is a big tone changer
easter weekend ill make a visit home and upload an exhaust clip

207.0/218.4
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
easter weekend ill make a visit home and upload an exhaust clip
cool thanks, thats pretty damn sweet you got that gain i havent heard anyone talk about that doesnt seem like too many people on here have got longtubes. i was looking at pacesetters they are half the price of macs but thats sick thanks for making the video too btw

5speed stick shift

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The pace setters are going to sound completely different and won't give the same performance. The ceramic coated macs are OEM quality with a great sound. Well worth the extra cash. If you get regular stainless steel they'll probably rust through in 10ish years

207.0/218.4
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
The pace setters are going to sound completely different and won't give the same performance. The ceramic coated macs are OEM quality with a great sound. Well worth the extra cash. If you get regular stainless steel they'll probably rust through in 10ish years
My oem headers are already rusting and my meighbor has a patent on some sort of coating for air to flow through quicker how do yours sound

5speed stick shift

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
My oem headers are already rusting and my meighbor has a patent on some sort of coating for air to flow through quicker how do yours sound
most people say it sounds a little bit like an M3

207.0/218.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page