what is this tube called??? PICS! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

what is this tube called??? PICS!

What is this tube called that i circled and dotted in my picture, i cant for the love of god find out what it is called or the part number for it. I need to order a extra because i had to cut the old one for my CAI and i want an extra tube incase i ever gotta go back to stock.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0197.JPG
Views:	1449
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	128922  

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
Rookie

I think it is the PCV tube. Could be wrong though.

MattyG1985
2006 v6 Silver Pony Package

View My Photos here.

mustang.car-profile.com/profile2.php?carfile=mattyg&pid=uploads/871mattyg1.jpg
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
GT Member

Itís the crankcase breather tube, though I donít know what Ford actually labels it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

its the oil sludge build up in the motor tube.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

On Just Bolt-Ons And Stock Exhaust Manifolds.

See Profile For Mods.......
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyg1985 View Post
I think it is the PCV tube. Could be wrong though.
the pcv tube is on the other side( positive crankcase ventilation) short tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars View Post
Itís the crankcase breather tube, though I donít know what Ford actually labels it.
i couldnt find any other name for it either, so thats what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1999cobra View Post
its the oil sludge build up in the motor tube.
this is probably what it does

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
Rookie

the mystery tube

That tube is a crankcase breather tube I am not sue if that is the specific technical name tho . It's purpose is to to let the motor breath ." Now im not a tech but I play one in real life "

Mods- 373 w/T-lok, lowered 2.5rear 2.0 frt , blacked out tails / side markers , short throw shifter , cai , headers , x-pipe , tinted windows , 18x9 cobra wheels
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 V6 Mustang View Post
What is this tube called that i circled and dotted in my picture, i cant for the love of god find out what it is called or the part number for it. I need to order a extra because i had to cut the old one for my CAI and i want an extra tube incase i ever gotta go back to stock.

Thanks
that is part of the cars PCV system. our cars have two - one on the driver side the other on the passenger side. the way it works is that the one on the passenger side sucks air from the valve cover via the plenum vacuum. the one on the driver side pushes the air back into the intake tube so ALL is in a closed metered circuit. this maintains the inspection ppl happy...mess it it and you wont pass or get the sticker..
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

well my cobra has been running so much better since i removed those 2 hoses and put breathers, i even get better gas mileage cause its not sucking the hot air from the motor back in. there are no inspections where i live so im good.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks guys

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

well here are the numbers that are on the tube i searched them on the parts site but it came up blank???? any ideas?

5R3E-6758-CB
M536F-PA6

Apprentice

George Costanza says its the Johnson Rod...

but hmartine has the right answer.

2006 Mustang Pony Package - Standard Transmission - Black on Black - Go: FRPP CAI w/ Bama 93 Race - Flowmaster AT - Show: Directional side mirrors - Sequentials - Various Chrome and Billets - Sounds: Shaker 500 with twin Xplod 10" subs (240 rms each w/ Xplod amps)
In the box awaiting install: FRPP T-Lok and 4.10s
GT Member
4.6L Member

a johnson rod! better put one of those in.

george is the best.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmartine View Post
that is part of the cars PCV system. our cars have two - one on the driver side the other on the passenger side. the way it works is that the one on the passenger side sucks air from the valve cover via the plenum vacuum. the one on the driver side pushes the air back into the intake tube so ALL is in a closed metered circuit. this maintains the inspection ppl happy...mess it it and you wont pass or get the sticker..
the pass side is sucking the air/oil vapors like you said from the cover into the plenum( thats why my oil catch can works good in line there, thats the hose that puts the crap into your engine) and i think the driv side is drawing clean air from the intake into the engine? the jlt came with the new hose but i cut mine too to get it off the 90 elbow on the valve cover. either way, you can get the part from fords, shouldnt cost much, i think if you ask for a johnson rod they are gonna laugh at you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tb 6 bbk installed.JPG
Views:	749
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	128988  

05 V6 auto,
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

The one on the passenger side sucks crankcase gases into the intake plenum and the one one the driver side replaces the gases with fresh filtered air. That is why the tube on the driver side is down stream from the air filter. This also helps lower crankcase pressure at cruise speed which should be minimal on a healthy engine. This set up has no impact on performance but does reduce pollution.

Until the early sixty's most cars just dumped crankcase gases out of the car and down toward the ground through a single tube.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1999cobra View Post
a johnson rod! better put one of those in.

george is the best.

I put in a new Johnson Rod every 30K miles whether I need it or not: Johnson Rod - $149.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

2006 Mustang Pony Package - Standard Transmission - Black on Black - Go: FRPP CAI w/ Bama 93 Race - Flowmaster AT - Show: Directional side mirrors - Sequentials - Various Chrome and Billets - Sounds: Shaker 500 with twin Xplod 10" subs (240 rms each w/ Xplod amps)
In the box awaiting install: FRPP T-Lok and 4.10s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page