anyone have answers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

anyone have answers

I was wantin to know has anyone put gt calaipers and rotors on a v6 and if so is it a direct bolt on or do I need to modify anything for them to fit ? my plan is to install front and back rotores and calipers on my 4.0 . Any suggestions are welcome .

Mods- 373 w/T-lok, lowered 2.5rear 2.0 frt , blacked out tails / side markers , short throw shifter , cai , headers , x-pipe , tinted windows , 18x9 cobra wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0 View Post
I was wantin to know has anyone put gt calaipers and rotors on a v6 and if so is it a direct bolt on or do I need to modify anything for them to fit ? my plan is to install front and back rotores and calipers on my 4.0 . Any suggestions are welcome .
you wont beat getting the frt gt upgrade kit, you need the brackets and the rotors. the calipers and pads are the same, the rear rotors/calipers/pads are the same on the gt

05 V6 auto,
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
My buddy did it ill ask him when i see him and get back to you. I see in your sig you did a 2.5 2.0 drop, how is it on your car? What did you have to get for that? Not trying to thread jack just noticed that right now haha

:p'07 SONIC (not vista) Blue 4.0
(dealership custom painted)
5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks amustangrocks hey stevostang , as far as the drop goes all I did was the lowering springs on front and rear my struts and rear shocks were in good shape so I did not change them . It rides fine no problems just stay away from steep driveways and those pesky parking things at stores you will hit the front clip. I do plan on doing a complete suspension upgrade with the same springs . There from dropezone .

Mods- 373 w/T-lok, lowered 2.5rear 2.0 frt , blacked out tails / side markers , short throw shifter , cai , headers , x-pipe , tinted windows , 18x9 cobra wheels
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

i forgot to add you have to have at least 17" wheels to do the frt upgrade. i got the frpp upgrade kit from cjpony, but you can shop around. it comes with new rotors, brackets, bolts and slide pins in the brackets too. its a great upgrade, really made a nice improvement.

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
thanks amustangrocks hey stevostang , as far as the drop goes all I did was the lowering springs on front and rear my struts and rear shocks were in good shape so I did not change them . It rides fine no problems just stay away from steep driveways and those pesky parking things at stores you will hit the front clip. I do plan on doing a complete suspension upgrade with the same springs . There from dropezone .
i might actually be getting a job at eibach, one of their main buildings is in my city here in california so im hoping to get a hookup with them, but i just love the look of a completely slammed car ive been wanting to do it for a long time your car is the first ive seen with a drop that low and it really looks bad ass good job on that, as far as the springs did you get camber plates or bolts?

:p'07 SONIC (not vista) Blue 4.0
(dealership custom painted)
5speed stick shift

Engine:SCT 91 race tune, JLT CAI, Screamin demon coil, JBA wires, Flowmaster 40 muffler
Body:GT500 heat extractor hood,8000 hid lights,Shorty antenna,Black stock rims,Yellow brake calipers,Limo tint windows
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

no I dont have caster camber plates on my car but I will end up getting some for better adjustment in the front I do advise you get them .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page