The Rain Needs To Stop - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Angry The Rain Needs To Stop

Ok I live in Indiana and it rained everyday in april so yesterday being a good day I decided to wash my car I looked at the weather for the following day and it said it had a 20% chance of rain so I was like it probably wont rain. Well when I woke up it was raining and I was like are you kidding me!?!?!? Seems like my car is clean for like an hour then it rains I hope it stops soon!!!!

2006 Mustang V6 Coupe Satin Silver Sold

2004 Mustang GT
BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, MAC Prochamber Midpipe Off road H, Borla Stinger Aggressive Stainless Steel Catback, Motive 3.73 Gears, Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
C&L Cold Air Intake, King Cobra Stage 2 Clutch, MGW Short Throw Shifter
Comp Cams Stage 2 High Performance Cams, TrickFlow High Performance Intake Manifold, Ford Racing 24# Injectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That sucks but there is a saying "April showers bring May flowers" for a reason.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo172 View Post
That sucks but there is a saying "April showers bring May flowers" for a reason.
Yeah true I just want my mustang to look nice

2006 Mustang V6 Coupe Satin Silver Sold

2004 Mustang GT
BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, MAC Prochamber Midpipe Off road H, Borla Stinger Aggressive Stainless Steel Catback, Motive 3.73 Gears, Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
C&L Cold Air Intake, King Cobra Stage 2 Clutch, MGW Short Throw Shifter
Comp Cams Stage 2 High Performance Cams, TrickFlow High Performance Intake Manifold, Ford Racing 24# Injectors

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Same here, I live in NY, 40 miles from the PA line on the Lake Erie side. We had the Coldest Wettest Spring on Recors and it's Rained the first 4 days of May too. Woodstoves been going and tonight there's a chance of SNOW on the higher elevations with temps here around 30 degrees.
I've had My Stang out a total of about a Hour one day where it was actually nice out. They say tomorrow will be SUNNY with temps in the low 60's and then finally more 60's but also more Rain. We just cant catch a break here. I work outside so this is Killing me all around.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

its been the same here, only the april showers have washed away the may flowers in massive floods. million $ houses on the property where i work that were on the river have had to be evacuated, and have been destroyed.

there has been a day here or there in the last month, and i washed the car too, but same story. ron, we been running the stove at night too (30`s)but this last week had some warm days( near 70`s). these next few days are only chances of rain but look good so i took a couple days off

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

the Army Corps of Engineers blew up levees on purpose just give relief to the swelling rivers. I heard that also wiped out millions in farmland.

2005 V6 Satin Silver Mustang
MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUSMC View Post
the Army Corps of Engineers blew up levees on purpose just give relief to the swelling rivers. I heard that also wiped out millions in farmland.
ya, that was on the news here last night. the farmers are devastated, but i guess it saved a town in illinois. that was on the other side of the state. the dam that the corps run here couldnt hold any more so they had to wipe out a bunch of houses down stream, and are running record amounts of water through the dam. this last month has not been good. today the sun is shining, gonna detail the car i think, might last a couple days

05 V6 auto,
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Been raining for about a month straight here in Central Ohio also. This used to be a swamp in marshland 100 years ago so when it rains it gets crazy soggy, but luckily besides an overgrowth in the yard since I can't mow it hasn't flooded yet, but southern ohio is not doing to well.

MODS:
Dual Exhaust w/X-pipe and PYPES BOMB exhaust w/FRPP cutouts, Shorty Headers, Tunable Induction CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune, Coil Pack w/JBA Power Cables, Iridium Spark Plugs, 3.73 Gears w/T-Loc, Short Throw Shift Block w/poly bushings, Tokico Shocks and Struts, FRPP Lowering Springs, Steeda Camber Plates, UMI Lower Control Arms w/CHE Brackets, GT Anti-Swaybars, Project Headlights w/Splitters, Clear Corners, Blackout Grills w/Emblem, FanBlade Rims
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My Stang is Detailed and ready to go, first thing is getting the New Duals on 95% of the Yards in My Town have yet to be Mowed, most are 6" or higher, there's just been no relief in the Rain for anyone to get anything done, it looks pretty shabby around here.
Mike My Stoves still Burning, and like I said tonight into the 30's and lower. It's seems so weird to have it light out untill 8:30 and still be so Cold and Gloomy

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

It is a commonly known fact that washing and/or detailing your vehicles is an effective rain dance

2006 V6 Screamin' Yellow Mustang - 5 Speed Manual - Pony Package

12" Dual Vinyl Stripes with 1/4" accents
Flowmaster 40 muffler
JLT CAI + SCT X3
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurebababooey View Post
It is a commonly known fact that washing and/or detailing your vehicles is an effective rain dance
Ha, classic! Isn't that the truth.

MODS:
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yep, rain , rain , rain here too! Sucks!!

2010 Grabber Blue GT Premium w/18" AMR wheels | 93R Bama SCT Tuner | Eibach Pro kit Springs | FRPP X-pipe | FRPP Exhaust | Comfort Pkg | Performance Appearance Pkg | Over the top stripes | window tint | Lloyd's GT Mats | K&N drop in filter - Love this car!
Apprentice
S197 Member

That is here in Dayton, Ohio!

2010 Grabber Blue GT Premium w/18" AMR wheels | 93R Bama SCT Tuner | Eibach Pro kit Springs | FRPP X-pipe | FRPP Exhaust | Comfort Pkg | Performance Appearance Pkg | Over the top stripes | window tint | Lloyd's GT Mats | K&N drop in filter - Love this car!
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to We're Wolf
So far its been nice in san diego.. feels like high 80's and clear skys...
you guys with the water in your rainy states should bring it over here :P
even tho it was a pretty good wet season where i live is still dry.

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction
Apprentice
S197 Member

San Diego's a great place! Love visiting Coronado. Haven't taken the 'stang out there yet but I bet it's great driving out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page