Weird Noise on Highway??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question Weird Noise on Highway???

Ok i got a 2010 V6 Mustang 4.0 5speed, this has only happened 3-4 times and is only on the highway.....
What happens is i get a screeching noise when i am on the highway and will go away when i accelerate but as soon as i let off the pedal and start slowing back down(without break) i start getting the screching noise agian, it happens in 5th gear and also when i down shift to 4 and even if i pop it in neutral while on the highway it will do it. I know this isnt the best discription but it is basically there when just keeping the pedal steady at say 70 mph but as soon as i start to accelerate it goes away. Also when i get off the highway the noise will go away...

Also like i said it is very random and has only happend 3 or 4 times over the 2 years i have had the car.....

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Also i forgot to mention this but every time that this has happend i have had crusie control on at around 70, i know this because when i get on the highway i put the cruise control on at 70....alwaysss

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

Is it like a whistling noise? If so, and you have a cold air intake, i would say it is from the CAI.

MAC Stainless axle backs & Prochamber
JLT CAI w/ SCT tuner
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, TruFiber GTS4 Hood
Aeroform Sport Bar (in red to match the interior)
Eibach Pro Springs, 20" Shelby CS69 wheels
SoS Triple pillar gauge pod w/ Aeroforce Interceptor gauges
GT-CS Side scoops
FRPP 4.10 Gears/ FRPP Hot Rod cam

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

:?:No i dont have a Intake on i did but had to remove it and it did it once while it was on and then it does the same with the air box on.... it is not a whistling noise it sounds like a screech or whine..... very hard to describe like i said it has only done it a hand full of times:?:

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

I would say it is something related to air intake. Is the MAF sensor mounted upside down? When you had the CAI on it, you have to remove and re-install the MAF sensor. And do that again when you removed the CAI to put the factory intake on. The MAF sensor has a specific shape. Maybe you put it on wrong leaving a small opening. I say air intake related because it (the noise) goes away when you accelerate. Most likely because the air pressure increases. It might just make the noise when the air pressure is at a specific flow. Maybe the rubber flap on the intake tube is bent at the TB? Ive seen radio antennas that made a whining noise on the highway.

MAC Stainless axle backs & Prochamber
JLT CAI w/ SCT tuner
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, TruFiber GTS4 Hood
Aeroform Sport Bar (in red to match the interior)
Eibach Pro Springs, 20" Shelby CS69 wheels
SoS Triple pillar gauge pod w/ Aeroforce Interceptor gauges
GT-CS Side scoops
FRPP 4.10 Gears/ FRPP Hot Rod cam
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Interesting! I have. 33,000 miles on mine also a manual trans and never had an issue like this! Also curious as to why you had to change back from the MMR CAI to stock with the k&n drop in! Was it the temperature difference that your new gauge discovered or something else?

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ya it is interesting and i am not to worried about it cause it has only happend a handfull of times and goes away as soon as i get off the highway i was just interested to see if anyone had any ideas on what it could be???

Ohh and i had to take my CAI off because i was having problems with it throwing codes even with a tune on the car so i just went back to the stock air box with a tune which is still just as good...
I just cant figure this noise out and it is so random but when it desides to pop its little puppy paws out it drives me insane lol

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

all the connections seem to be tight on the Air Intake though..... couldnt find any thing that looked wrong...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page